PDA

View Full Version : HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP

steviegsi
04-09-04, 11:19 PM
Anyone got any ideas to help me modify my 1992 1.2i nova lump to make it louder? faster? better?[/b]

General Baxter
04-09-04, 11:25 PM
SPENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:lol: :lol: :lol:

theres really no point in turning a 1.2 let alone the slower 1.2i :)
just stick a louder box on!

isrs
04-09-04, 11:37 PM
gat an ashley system or back box there very load and cheap.

Adam
04-09-04, 11:39 PM
To get a fast car, start with a fast car :+:

sTuDeNt
04-09-04, 11:47 PM
Yeah! Guys are right! No point doing 1.2i, its not worth it! 1.2i is slower then 1.2 carb... :) No, dont bother, get better engine! 1.3 or 1.4!

dan-hipgrave
04-09-04, 11:50 PM
:) wait till cambridge sees this thread..

I agree to a certain extent though...with my 1.2 i am following the tuning guide on this site, and have done everything on the guide so far except for the cam which is sat in my garage waiting to be fitted, and the stuff that has been done so far has made a huge difference the car.

I recommend that you check this guide out mate, as it will tell you how to get decent performance upgrades for little money.

Adam
05-09-04, 12:01 AM
Yeah they are good cars for a first car, and with the few mods on the how to you can get upto SR performance, its easier if you 1.2 is a carb model though. You can make them decent for what engine they are.

sTuDeNt
05-09-04, 12:11 AM
Dan! I totaly agree with you mate! I myself have 1.2 carb! Yeah I love my 1.2 and think that there is plenty to improve and think they are good engines but, 1.2i... :roll: nope... Dan no man... :) Well apart from turning it to 1.2 carb... :) And then hell yeah!!! :twisted:

burgo
05-09-04, 12:20 AM
i hate it when someone comes on askin for help for more power out of there 1.2 and everyone ses put a bigger engine in and all that bollocks, it just isnt possible for some people so from now on no more of that just proper advice.

so the simple things first obviously filter, cam and exhaust are usually the first steps, after that u have to start thinkin about head work and lightin and balencin of crank and flywheel.

other solution is to loose wait from the car strip her out she'll go kwiker simple as every gram u can save helps, but once again this isnt practicle for some ppl so its upto to you really what can you afford? whjat do you use your car for? how long do you plan on keepin it? there are so many fatcors you have to take into account, have a sit down think what you want from it then decide how you can mod it.

hope this was some more help other than the usual whats the point its a 1.2 or put a bigger engine in it bollocks.

epo
05-09-04, 04:17 AM
also fit better brakes that way you can brake later ad stop quicker

eg 2.0 cav or astra discs and calipers

sTuDeNt
05-09-04, 11:39 AM
Yeah and 2.0 16v engine! :)

Matt Nova
05-09-04, 12:21 PM
I've got a 1.2i and they are painfully slow, I've got a full ashley exhaust and de-cat and a induction kit. The induction kits not worth it, it dosen't sound that much better (well mine dosen't) and it sucks alot more fuel

sTuDeNt
05-09-04, 01:17 PM
Thats exectly what i mean!

Thank you!

nova_172
05-09-04, 03:46 PM
if u have the time you can do wat ive done:
open air filter
1.6 camshaft
de-cat
4 into 1 branch manifold with heated lambda sensor
fully ported heated
manifolds match 2 gaskets
head skimmed
basically the 1.2i is restricted more than the carbed because the carb cam is higher lift slightly, the ports on the carbed 1.2 are rounder and bigger while ours are square, and the cat, the blocks are different as well because are pistons are smaller in diametre but have a longer stroke while the carbed model has a shorter stroke with bigger pistons and thats basically it.

nova_172
05-09-04, 03:54 PM
and anova thing i the 1.2i engine is more torqueir than the carbed aswell because of the long bore stroke

Matt Nova
05-09-04, 04:58 PM
What kinda power you running then 172 mate?

nova_172
05-09-04, 05:13 PM
dont know yet i just got it all runnin last nite took it 4 a drive and it mashed my custom dizzie, but 4 about 10mins it was fast, will be gettin it dynoed in october hopefully.

steviegsi
07-09-04, 08:52 PM
To get a fast car, start with a fast car :+:

I thought that 'NOVA'LOAD was a website for ppl who own novas? wat da fuck r u doin here if u drive a shitty astra 4 DOOR!!!
And it aint exactly a fast car so u should take ur own advice and start out wit summit fast! U ASS

steviegsi
07-09-04, 08:55 PM
:) wait till cambridge sees this thread..

I agree to a certain extent though...with my 1.2 i am following the tuning guide on this site, and have done everything on the guide so far except for the cam which is sat in my garage waiting to be fitted, and the stuff that has been done so far has made a huge difference the car.

I recommend that you check this guide out mate, as it will tell you how to get decent performance upgrades for little money.

Thanks mate. gonna check out the guide. How much have u spent so far usin the guide?

steviegsi
07-09-04, 09:02 PM
i hate it when someone comes on askin for help for more power out of there 1.2 and everyone ses put a bigger engine in and all that b******s, it just isnt possible for some people so from now on no more of that just proper advice.

so the simple things first obviously filter, cam and exhaust are usually the first steps, after that u have to start thinkin about head work and lightin and balencin of crank and flywheel.

other solution is to loose wait from the car strip her out she'll go kwiker simple as every gram u can save helps, but once again this isnt practicle for some ppl so its upto to you really what can you afford? whjat do you use your car for? how long do you plan on keepin it? there are so many fatcors you have to take into account, have a sit down think what you want from it then decide how you can mod it.

hope this was some more help other than the usual whats the point its a 1.2 or put a bigger engine in it b******s.

Nice to see sum1 on ere wit a brain! Thats pretty much wat i had in mind mate. And to silence the dumb fucks . i cant get a bigger engine becuz a. i am only 16. b. i dont have much in the piggy bank and c. i live in fuckin northern ireland so when i pass my test i wouldnt be able to afford to insure an xe powered fuckin nova!

Philsutton
07-09-04, 09:04 PM
Long Live The Nova! wrote:
To get a fast car, start with a fast car

I thought that 'NOVA'LOAD was a website for ppl who own novas? wat da f**k r u doin here if u drive a s**t astra 4 DOOR!!!
And it aint exactly a fast car so u should take ur own advice and start out wit summit fast! U ASS
well only 3 posts an looks like your on your way to getting banned already, well done mate.

steviegsi
07-09-04, 09:17 PM
well only 3 posts an looks like your on your way to getting banned already, well done mate.[/quote]

I no. whoops. :|

nova_172
07-09-04, 09:59 PM
lunatic u sound like a rite arsehole

dan-hipgrave
07-09-04, 10:09 PM
:lol: at everyones comments..

Thanks mate. gonna check out the guide. How much have u spent so far usin the guide?

Roughly for each thing so far....

Weber 32/34 Carb + 1.3sr Inlet Manifold + K&N Filter = ?60

SR Exhaust Manifold + Exhaust system + SR Cam = ?85

So roughly ?140 spent on the engine so far, but the difference is immense, and according the guide i should now have the power of an SR, not bad for ?140, which is certainly less than the increase in insurance would be :D

Dan

steviegsi
07-09-04, 10:15 PM
Roughly for each thing so far....

Weber 32/34 Carb + 1.3sr Inlet Manifold + K&N Filter = ?60

SR Exhaust Manifold + Exhaust system + SR Cam = ?85

So roughly ?140 spent on the engine so far, but the difference is immense, and according the guide i should now have the power of an SR, not bad for ?140, which is certainly less than the increase in insurance would be :D

At risk of sounding stupid wereabouts on da site is the guide ur talkin about? + UR NOVA LOOKIN GOOD MATE....GLAD TO SEE NO STUPID BODYKITS

dan-hipgrave
07-09-04, 10:17 PM
here you go mate...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=66981

MC
08-09-04, 08:59 AM
If you really want to get some decent power, but want to keep it as single point injection, do the following:

Fit a decent cam, preferably an aftermarket one from piper or kent, but failing that an SR or GTE/GSi item. Make sure the followers are in good condition, or use new ones.

Fit an exhaust manifold and complete system, once again, preferably a performance item such as ashley, but failing that use one from a SRi or GSi. The exhaust must have a lambda boss, if not its not difficult to fit.

I believe the throttle body and injector from a bigger cc engine will help, but I wont guarantee it. Someone here has done it.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, get larger valves fitted and have the head and manifold well ported. You will get more power from this than any of the above. You can get GSi size valves fitted, and possibly 1mm bigger still. Need to check clearance between valve and cylinder wall.

All of that will get you a substantial amount of power, but may cost a bit dpending on your choices. I would definately agree iwth an earlier post about fitting better brakes and also suspension.

MC

steviegsi
09-09-04, 05:33 PM
I've got a 1.2i and they are painfully slow, I've got a full ashley exhaust and de-cat and a induction kit. The induction kits not worth it, it dosen't sound that much better (well mine dosen't) and it sucks alot more fuel

wat brand of induction kit is it u have got mate?