PDA

View Full Version : FAO Ged

Anonymous
11-10-01, 12:25 PM
What happened to your site?
cant be ar##d registering to ask a quick question lol.

Anonymous
11-10-01, 12:41 PM
do you know who hakked it Ged ?

Anonymous
11-10-01, 05:15 PM
nope...

to tell u the truth, i'm gutted. the amount of time i've put into the site runs into literally thousands of hours...not to mention the marketing, going round news groups, emailing peeps, link swaps etc etc

fair enuff, there are sum new forums back up there now (just temporary until i sort summit out) but current users that can't be assed with the pop up windows and shitty banners will just leave...pi55ing all over my hard work for the past year.

They hacked my message boards, which then led (sum how) to sites on the same server becoming fcuked and off line over night. A site that was down over night make about ?80k a week through their web site and they are claiming compensation...so my boss said i had to get rid because it was a serious security risk...

the hackers also deleted ALL posts (including previous one's that visitors searched through to find info etc) so that was another kick while i was down...

Nothings confirmed yet but me and Davo are getting together (hold back the gay jokes...lol) and sorting a script on a secure server...which should save my site being hacked again...

i would be lying if i told u i wasn't close to shedding a tear over this...it's a nightmare :) B-)

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
11-10-01, 05:25 PM
it is stupid what have they gained out of doing it ??

Anonymous
11-10-01, 08:52 PM
SOME SORT OF PERVERSE PLEASURE FOR THEMSELVES.
THey will be sitting in a dark room with a bunch of their geeky pasty faced mates having a right laugh about it...
And i bet they all drive saxo's. :p

Cant stand people who just abuse the knowledge they have gained about computers like that - whats the point... unless they were paid to do it for some stupid reason.

Anonymous
11-10-01, 09:43 PM
its not good when you have spent alot of time on something for it to be ruined by someone else, in seconds, just like a crash!!!
i work for a computer firm, if there is anything i can do please do not hesiate to get in touch Ged.

:D I LOVE VAUXHALLS. LONG LIVE THE NOVA:D

Anonymous
12-10-01, 10:11 AM
This may cheer u up Ged, somebody has recently published a book taking their title from your website...the one and only "Roy Bacer"! ;D
I think there is a review in the most recent FHM (nov2001)

Anonymous
12-10-01, 10:13 AM
cheeky bastards!

a big fat law suit is winging it's way over to them...

theifs! lol

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk