PDA

View Full Version : dash board lights

gary_1.2Merit
04-09-04, 07:52 PM
i got a small prob wit me lights on me dash. wen the handbrake is on de (!) light dnt come on. it used to den jus stopped, all de wires seem fine. also de orange {/} choke light doesnt come on wen the choke iz out. its a bit annoying coz i keep 4gettin 2 put de choke in lol its a mk1 1.2carb (F plate) ne 1 kno how i cn fix either, thanx

General Baxter
04-09-04, 07:57 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN :lol:

mate if you want people to answer i would say change your wording!

Eg: de = the?

have you checked the bulbs?

gary_1.2Merit
04-09-04, 08:19 PM
"I have got a small problem with my lights on my dashboard. When the handbrake is on the (!) light does not come on. It used to then just stopped, all thee wires seem fine. Also thee orange {/} choke light does not come on when the choke is out. Its a bit annoying because i keep forgetting to put the choke in lol Its a mk1 1.2carb (F plate) anyone know how i can fix either, thankyou."

how do i get to the bulbs to check them, i cant seem to get the dash out

dan-hipgrave
04-09-04, 08:55 PM
getting the clocks out if a mk1 dash is pretty awkward - you have to sort of prise up the bottom of the panel and release the speedo cable and plugs before it will pull out.

It may be easier to remove the steering column surrounds to get at the panel.

Once its out getting at the bulbs is easy - they are just a twist fit into the back of the panel and can be replaced easily.