PDA

View Full Version : Digi Dash

toon_army2k2
04-09-04, 02:08 PM
Just a few question's on the astra digi dash.
Where will i find one to buy ?
How much do they noramlly cost ?
Are thay much better than the standard needle speedo ?

epo
04-09-04, 02:13 PM
look in the forsale section mate or try ebay there always about
failing that try scrap yards

they cost owt from ?35-?75 depending on the seller

ive had mine in since febuary i think and there better imo and more accurate in reading speed so ive heard

remember if u buy one get the plug and the transducer
there are two types 8v and 16v

Nick
04-09-04, 10:03 PM
Epo pretty much convered everything !

the difference between 8v and 16v is that the 8v have a tick (graph) style rev counter, and the 16v have a Curved kinda Quater circle style rev counter. And when the 8v starts up it displays 125 whilst the 16v displays 127. I presume these are the Recommended top speeds of the orignial veichle !? (16v being slightly faster)

toon_army2k2
05-09-04, 12:58 AM
what about fitting them ? are they a right faf on ? i know to get the dash out you have to undo the speed cable from under the bonnet as i had to do that to change the bulbs on my normal dash, do i just click them into the existing dash leads of is there more to it ?

woollard1892
05-09-04, 01:08 AM
i wouldnt get one i have one yer they look good but can go wrong and tend to read inccorect after about 90mph as i sat next to my mate doing 140mph and my digi dash was reading 122mph i no his is correct because he has standard size wheels and standard clocks

burgo
05-09-04, 01:10 AM
that doesnt mean his is corrent the kwiker you go the more inacurate speedo's are his could of simple bin way out

woollard1892
05-09-04, 01:15 AM
you maybe right i just assumed his would be correct as it is a comletly standard m reg sabb turbo didnt realise standard speedos could be that far out

burgo
05-09-04, 01:19 AM
na mate standard speedo's are well out usually some i kno put 17 on his car which actually corrected the speed it was rong with standard wheels i woudl tell you the whole story but i kent be assed, just kno speedo's aint correct. why do u think the old bill allow 10% of the speed limit as in if its a 30 zone and ur doin 33 they will let u off

epo
05-09-04, 04:08 AM
theres a guide here to fitting one
http://www.nova-land.com/

or if you need it fitting contact chris_16v he fitted mine (for a price) he may even have a dash for sale

my normal clock used to say my top speed was 120-125mph my digi says top speed is 117 and that may well be out a little