PDA

View Full Version : TSW centre caps??

Stanley
04-09-04, 01:49 PM
jst got a set of second hand TSW EVO-r wheels

tried to put wheels on but centre caps will not fit coz the hub centre sticks out too far so the thread of the holder thing wont go on!!!

any experience of thi any1??

wat can i do??

cheers all!!

race-more
04-09-04, 09:00 PM
mate, check the et number on the inside of the wheel where the bolts come through or on the spokes. this is the offset. i have tsw alpines and mine are et45 which is the closest they do to the magic et47.5 novas run. any less then 45 and they'll drive like shit and rub on anything and everything in the arch.

Nick
04-09-04, 10:14 PM
rubbish.

my MVK's are 45 and i expirienced a problem with the caps fouling the dust caps on the rear axle.

i just took a rubber malet to the dust caps and flattened them off, then the caps went on.

On the front i had to cutt a hole into the back of the centre cap and then they went on.

had 42's on mine before and it wasn't shit handling.

race-more
05-09-04, 06:51 PM
cheers j829dick, your MVK's arnt TSW are they which is what stan needs to know about.

and as for running 42 it my not handle like siht but it will compromise handling the further from 47.5 u go

robb
07-09-04, 12:20 PM
B***ocks

I have had some 205/45/16 on ET35 and it stuck to the road like glue, I could just go as fast as the car would go and throw it in, it would either go straight round or I had to let off to scrub and pull round the corner.

It's all to do with fitting them under the arches. If those wheels were ET45 they would not have fitted as they would have rubbed the inside! There was already holes in the shocker cover

Stanley
08-09-04, 02:56 PM
okeydokey,

there et35 aswell.

they fit on fine without centre caps, no probs at all.

its jst the caps wont fit.

maybe fone TSW up and see if theyve heard owt like it before.

cheers all

ps.s keep replies comin

robb
08-09-04, 03:27 PM
Watch out on the arches then!

Maybe just sell them and get some other wheels.