PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Tec Tarmac Springs

_JH_
04-09-04, 12:02 AM
Are they any good considering they're ?120+VAT?

Going to run them with the lower spec Bilstein shocks.

Can anyone suggest some good uprated progressive springs that aren't lower than 45mm? I've heard good things about Eibach but none from nova owners, anyone use them?

Are the ones from TAS any good or are they made by pro-tec anyway?

_JH_
05-09-04, 10:02 PM
anyone?

_JH_
11-11-04, 07:14 PM
COUGH

DrivingSpanner
11-11-04, 07:30 PM
eibach are the best spring manufacturer around, they are accurate, consistant and well finished.... did you know that a spring can vary by as much as 15 - 20% just with some ppls manufacturing tolorances... i'm told eibach is within 4 %

j1400
11-11-04, 07:56 PM
I've had some experince with -35 Eibach springs, but on a corsa, did make it good for tarmac driving, but a little soft for ultra smooth roads, but a good balance. On slower dampers I think they would have been better though. But now the handlings gone to pot since the 20XE went in the front.
In contrast my nova has high poundage -30mm springs on and I couldn't keep up on rough tarmac (both 1.4 16V TB'd) cause couldn't get the power down, and the corsa felt more stable if it started to slide, nova snaps atm.

BigRuss
11-11-04, 11:05 PM
I recently fitted Pro tech tarmac springs to a friends rally car and it has transfoemed his car, they come highly recomended :wink: