PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Camber + Wheel Hitting Front Arch!!

un1eash
03-09-04, 11:12 PM
Hi my cars lowered 50mm possible 60mm all round and ive had the tracking done and thats fine but i always find my front tyres wear out more on the inside. Is this just because its lowered or does the camber need adjusting??

Also ive just got some bigger alloys(185/65 14") i did have 165/60 14" before. I test fitted them and noticed when turing sharp and on full lock the wheels stick out and come very close to the arch,i'm talking 5-10mm. Will i have problems with the wheel hitting when going over bumps?? Does anyone else have a problem with this??

PS. I tryed fitting 15"s and it just werent happening!!

Cheers!!

Jim
03-09-04, 11:18 PM
The tyres wearing out is due to the camber like you thought. A decent garage should be able to sort this for you.

As for the tyres hitting the arch. Provided you have the correct offset wheel (et45-et49) you shouldnt have any problems. Same goes for larger wheels. It is important you get a wheel with an offset between 45-49.

To further help reduce the chance of the tyres hitting the arch, you could take the car to a bodyshop and ask them to "roll" the inner arch lips all round.

Hope this helps

Jim

un1eash
04-09-04, 12:06 AM
How do you even adjust the camber on a nova??

Snowface
04-09-04, 09:29 AM
you can't.

Nick
04-09-04, 01:31 PM
mine were wearing out on the insides fast and the guy at my local motorsport shop found that my toe was out quite alot.

after a quick adjustment it's fine now !

i'm just about to drop mine 60mm on et45 wheels and i hopeni don't get any scrubbage!

pingu_turbo
04-09-04, 05:32 PM
I had the same, I took mine to the garage and they put alot of toe-in on the front. No Probs now. :)

Jim
04-09-04, 08:02 PM

you can't.

Yes you can! Take it to any half decent garage and they will be able to do it for you. If you like, you can buy a camber bolt kit that will allow you to do it yourself, but probably best you leave it to a garage as they'll be able to adjust it more accuratley.

Jim

homeboy.G.
05-09-04, 09:12 PM

you can't.

Yes you can! Take it to any half decent garage and they will be able to do it for you. If you like, you can buy a camber bolt kit that will allow you to do it yourself, but probably best you leave it to a garage as they'll be able to adjust it more accuratley.

Jim

ur right u can i have a mk1 golf gti retaining bolt in mine wiv the hole made bigger so the lobe on the blot adjusts it