PDA

View Full Version : Be careul!

Coddy
02-09-04, 02:11 PM
Heard a story at work last night about a mates mate who wrote his car off. He was apparenlty driving along and his front left tyre just randomly exploded and that somehow caused him to roll the car. when he and the police and recovery etc went back in the morning they found, still embedded in the tyre, a cut down coke can.
This wasnt a normal coke can, it had been cut down to have jagged edges and had small steel plates welded or stuck inside to support it a bit and the whole thing had been covered with black electrical tape so it wouldn be seen at night.
It happened on a road knoiwn for night races, (Long Lane in bexleyheath). No-one yet knows if its kids out for a laugh or the residents getting annoyed with the late night racing. Watch out if you're driving late at night because it could happen again to anyone

MattNova
02-09-04, 02:14 PM
thats harsh!!! bl00dy w4nkers, aint they got anything else better to do than to damage peoples cars!!!!

cheers for the warning though. im not from round there, but if its happened somewhere it will happen somewhere else.

Will F
02-09-04, 03:46 PM
sounds a bit extreme tbh.
Why not just leave a row of tacs etc?

:?:

Dpnova
02-09-04, 04:01 PM
even if the inside was re-enforced surly the spikes would crumple.

a2lt16v
02-09-04, 04:21 PM
lower bumpers are required now then

laguna splitters al round to sweep these up

TomWilly
02-09-04, 06:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

laguna splitters al round to sweep these up

jkhilton
02-09-04, 07:32 PM
Heard a story at work last night about a mates mate who wrote his car off.

sounds like another one of these urban myths if you ask me, a bit like the one with the guys driving with no lights on etc.

John

Ste_Nova
02-09-04, 08:06 PM
best thing for that is 4 x 6" nails sharpen both ends... then bend... then weld together... which ever way they land up there is a nail pointing the right way

burgo
02-09-04, 08:07 PM
jk if that one was such an urban myth why were all ambulance drivers warned bout it, i mean they wouldnt of bin if it wasnt serious.

whitty_nova_1300sr
02-09-04, 08:21 PM
thts harsh, dont understand y ppl do stuff like tht. wot happend if some died??

jkhilton
02-09-04, 08:33 PM
jk if that one was such an urban myth why were all ambulance drivers warned bout it, i mean they wouldnt of bin if it wasnt serious.

LMFAO!!!!

read this ........ Urban Myth (http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blbyol16.htm)

so it's real is it?

:roll: :lol:

burgo
02-09-04, 08:41 PM
all i kno is the police put a call out to all ambulance stations warning them about it.

jkhilton
02-09-04, 08:43 PM
all i kno is the police put a call out to all ambulance stations warning them about it.

was it a mate of a mates uncles brothers nephews sisters cousin that told you that? :lol: :roll:

DUNOVA.
02-09-04, 09:30 PM
Did'nt think you could weld steel to aluminum :?