PDA

View Full Version : Declan Burke's Nova BROKEN!!

krobinson
02-09-04, 11:43 AM
Guy breaking Dec's old Nova!! I know there's a good bit of cash to be made from it, but i think it's a sin to break such a nice car!

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=146107

Keith

Breeny
02-09-04, 12:02 PM
Half of it aint there though... ???

krobinson
02-09-04, 12:23 PM
All the good bits (engine etc) seem to have already been sold!, Fearless cage, bailey tank and things like that must be sold too!

Wonder is the shell rotten? or is it just to make back cash?

Keith

Will F
02-09-04, 12:25 PM
Guy is moving abroad, so I bought all the good bits!

BRING IT ON!

Barn
02-09-04, 12:30 PM
What did you buy mate ? :)

Ben
02-09-04, 01:01 PM
lol another engine, catch tank etc...

ollster
02-09-04, 01:14 PM
no i got all the good bits

Full BTB exhaust system
Silicon hoses
Rose jointed castor bracket
new hubs ball joints etc
competition engine mounts
:D

Bargain, just wish i could have afforded the brakes :!:

novashed
03-09-04, 12:28 AM
i got the carbon door cards and handles! :D

Phil GTE
03-09-04, 06:38 PM
I got the fuel swirl pot (from post dec ownership)

ianofbhills
06-09-04, 01:20 PM
Sorry guys it is gutting breaking such a nice car especially as i have spent a small fortune on it since buying it of Dec a few years ago and i know Dec dedicated a part of his life to just polishing the thing lol.

As the car had been used for track use only i didnt have mot or tax on it and felt that i would recover more money by selling the parts from it seperatly. It is very hard to sell complete cars that are modified to that extent and you allways get people saying that it is still a nova despite the fact its had over ?15k spent on it . I believe i would have been lucky to get maybe ?5k tops for the whole car whereas breaking it will see me get more then that. Just look at the trouble Dec had selling it before i bought it, it was advertised for ages and i dont have the time to hold onto it for that long.

The best place to advertise modified cars like this is through the message boards on the internet and unfortunatly people seem more than happy to spend thousands on buying bits for their own cars but are very reluctant to buy a complete car despite the potential bargain they would get.

As stated earlier most of the good bits have gone to good homes anyway but there are still some goodies left (brakes especially hint hint olly)

Ian

Will F
06-09-04, 02:25 PM
Agreed!
I doubt you would get anywhere near ?5k, although I know full well its worth a lot more!
Its also due to the car market in general. Very much a buyers market at the mo, and has been for a while!