PDA

View Full Version : tie bar mount

m.d.
01-09-04, 11:36 PM
right i spoke to a bloke at a local auto test the other day i was marshalling at and he drives a bogo 1.2 nova all bar the suspension.

he was telling me that he has lowered the front tie bar mount by about an inch by using an ally block and longer bolts for the bottom two and the 3rd he has just welded an extension to the bracket so the origional hole can be used.

seems easy enough and he told me that it drastically reduces dive and also helps with cornering. anyone else done this as it seems too easy to be true

-Bruce-
01-09-04, 11:42 PM
yeh i have heard about people making the brackets up!! eg cambridge with rose jointed ends!! think i will buy the brackets form TAS as i cant be bothered making my own!! but as they guy said to you md its helps the cornering so might be a idea for you.

bruce

m.d.
01-09-04, 11:44 PM
hmm yeah. my mot is due on friday and ive got to do a cv boot and some welding anyway so i may do it then 8)

-Bruce-
01-09-04, 11:50 PM
yeh well have a look at it anyway, its a good move for a car like your. i took mine off today did not take long at all!! good luck with it mate.

bruce

BigRuss
02-09-04, 04:25 AM
You only need to fit 10mm spacers though, not an inch.