PDA

View Full Version : rite got a problem lads and need to no asap

te17@novasgonemad
01-09-04, 11:05 PM
noticed a whiring noise from the front passenger wheel had a look and i can rock the top of the wheel back and forth. i looked behind and found the source of the problems which is ::

where the hub shaft which joins on to the outa cv joint goes through the housing which is attached to the supension.

so wot has worn or gone shud i say ??

im taking it to vaux first thing in the morning but i dont want to pay loads iso i need to no wot it is b4 they rip me off

burgo
01-09-04, 11:07 PM
bearings have gone and you'll get ripped off takin it to vauxhall no matter wot u take it in for main dealers far to expensive

te17@novasgonemad
01-09-04, 11:10 PM
i believe i need a press ect ect to release it but i aint got a clue wot im doing!!

how much are the bearing alone

DUNOVA.
01-09-04, 11:17 PM
No more than 20quid depending where you get them from you are better off replacing both sides,And get someone who knows what there doin to help you :!:

stu

te17@novasgonemad
01-09-04, 11:28 PM
k well me uncles next door neighbour works there so he wont do me wrong if he gets put on my car. and my dad is reall good m8s with the manager of the service dept and yet again me dads neva been done by them, even tho he puts three cars in the garage every year so il let them look then they can give me a quote and if its to high i will geet me uncles neighbour to do it privately

DUNOVA.
01-09-04, 11:32 PM
It's not a major job you won't be looking at too much on a private

Aragorn
02-09-04, 01:17 AM
might just be a loose driveshaft retaining nut but if its started whirring its more than likely a bearing fault

Nick
04-09-04, 10:11 PM
bearings are ?15.99 for a front one from Motormania (pretty good parts, they aren't remanufactured) just the same price as Autovaux.

A typical price that is good, is about ?30 labour to have the bearing changed.

just had mine done