PDA

View Full Version : it just stops!!!!

pmitch5
31-08-04, 06:41 PM
i have a crunch 1000 watt amp a jbl gt 4 10" inch sub and a pioneer head unit and its sounds reeeeel good wen it plays

but ocasionally the bass wil just cut out its not always over heatin cos i check this, i find if i switch head unit off and back on it works agen but is so anoyin

ne ideas???

would a power cap help

pmitch5
31-08-04, 06:55 PM
cheers mate im pretty new to this how does it work does it fit inline wi ur am n batery or !!!

burgo
31-08-04, 07:06 PM
well i hope u read this b4 the faggots delete this aswell but yes goes into main power lead just before the amp this will give the amp the extra power it needs for the big hits

dangerous
02-09-04, 08:28 PM
I have the same problem but someone has told me to look at the conection of the earth, have you scratched off the paintwork where the earth is attached to the car? if you have'nt try it coz that is most probably the problem. Hope this helps.

epo
02-09-04, 09:39 PM
i was wondering the same if it was a dodgy earth

nova ian
03-09-04, 02:48 PM
i 2 hav the same problem, its been annoyin me 4 ages. i hav a good earth, scratched all paint off etc, and i hav a power cap and it still does it. :x

nova_172
06-09-04, 08:50 PM
what do u fink of the crunch 1000w amp i hav one of these running an infinity 1400w sub, it aint 2 gud so i was finkin of upgradin the sub.
adam

Jules
06-09-04, 10:52 PM
9 times out of 10 it's cos the amp is clipping, you've got the gain turned upto much and it clips out, turn the gain down or don't turn the volume up so much.

-tucny-
07-09-04, 06:42 PM
sounds to me like the gains up two much. then again if ur using more power than can be supplied to the amp it may cut out n not come back on cos of a protective circuit. therefore when the head units switched of n then back on, ur remote with turn the amp off and on resetting the circuit. a dodgey earth can have the same affect - dodgey been not a loose wire but a poor conection or inadequate guage wire. ur earth should be a larger guage than ur positive. next time it does it see if the earth or positive are warm, this will indicate if ur wires two thin.