PDA

View Full Version : Help on reconditioning a Nova 1.2L

DEATHCAT
31-08-04, 04:17 PM
does anyone have a step by step guide on how to recondition my engine because it sounds and is running like s*it also how would i put an auto choke on it.

or is there anyone near the manchester area who could do it or give me a rougth price on doing it ??

m.d.
31-08-04, 06:42 PM
depending on how far you want to go on the recon depends on the cost really. can cost up to a grand if you do everthing. but would you want to spend that much on a standard 1.2, if your going to go this far its sometimes better to buy performance parts while you are at it.

if your just looking for a standard engine id go to a scrappy and buy another 1.2 or even a bigger engine if you fancy it.

5_door owner
01-09-04, 02:00 AM
if ya wanna buy anuva 1.2 engine i av one in my shed(bout 56k on it) with a 5spd box that ya can av for ?35 (red manifols and cam cover on it aswell)

and im in stockport 8)

DEATHCAT
01-09-04, 06:18 AM
if ya wanna buy anuva 1.2 engine i av one in my shed(bout 56k on it) with a 5spd box that ya can av for ?35 (red manifols and cam cover on it aswell)

and im in stockport 8)

hi m8 yes sound good just a few questions really

1: is it working properly ??

2: is there a dash dial with it for the same miles if not how would i make mine read 56K because mines done 126K + ??

3:also what other parts you got like a clutch or gear box ??

Riggy
01-09-04, 06:12 PM
if you need any help with it just give us a shout mate and will fit it if you want :D

m.d.
01-09-04, 11:42 PM
the dash relates to the car milage not the engine milage. and its illegal to change it too. if you have changed the clocks like many of us have normally the mot tester will put an annoying sticker on it saying "the milage chown may not be accurate" or something like that

DEATHCAT
02-09-04, 06:39 AM
the dash relates to the car milage not the engine milage. and its illegal to change it too. if you have changed the clocks like many of us have normally the mot tester will put an annoying sticker on it saying "the milage chown may not be accurate" or something like that

well the way i see it m8 is i asked a machanic to do it to match the new engine i will be getting and he said ok i don't want my car saying 126k + when thwe engines only done 50 odd K ??

Stuart
02-09-04, 09:02 AM
nova dashes wont show 126K lol.

Its only if you remember that its gone round the clock that you can say that.

Aragorn
02-09-04, 09:10 AM
if u baught a brand new engine u cant go setting it to 0 miles which is what u seem to want to do

if you were to sell this and the new owner happened to put your modified mileage on the V10 u could get into serious shit

the mileage relates to the car as a whole unit, a 126k car is gonna have more wear on all its components than a 50k car not just the engine

and finally if your dash is currently showing 26k why the hell would you wanna make it show 55k

Snowface
02-09-04, 09:21 AM
lol,

why change a perfectly good manual choke to an unreliable auto-choke?

DEATHCAT
02-09-04, 04:37 PM
forget it then the dash stays the same lol also i hate having to run the choke for ages because my car badly needs a service which is happening on saturday because i can't even rev the engine without using the choke for a bit first because it just dies :'(

Fester
02-09-04, 06:37 PM
I havn't read all this thread but resetting the odometer is not illegal, it's only illegal if you don't tell a purchaser the full history and try and palm the newly showing milage as the actual milage.