PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Seat harnesses

MattNova
31-08-04, 02:09 PM
can you get harnesses that mount to the floor, as im fitting bucket seats (as soon as can afford) and i want harnesses. but it isn't practicle for me to get rid of the back seats, does anyone know???

Dpnova
31-08-04, 02:12 PM
You can get harness that mount to different points

robb
31-08-04, 03:04 PM
In that casi it is not practical to get a harness belt, If you use the rear seat then use the normal seatbelt.

Jim
31-08-04, 03:32 PM
In that casi it is not practical to get a harness belt, If you use the rear seat then use the normal seatbelt.

Agreed. The normal seatbelt will do just as good a job of saving you as the harness.

If you want harnesses and bucket seats, then get rid of the rear seats.

Jim

Stuart
31-08-04, 06:24 PM
unless youve got a 5dr then its going to be totally impractical with bucket seats anyway! regardless of belts or harnesses

m.d.
31-08-04, 06:28 PM
unless youve got a 5dr then its going to be totally impractical with bucket seats anyway! regardless of belts or harnesses

very true unless toy are going to get reclining bucket (style) seats but to be honnest if your going to put proper bucket seats in it then you may as well remove the rear seats anyway as passangers wont be able to get in the back past buckets

isrs
31-08-04, 10:02 PM
yer i agree with M.D, my mates got buckets without harnesses and you have to climb over them to get to the back seat

Philsutton
31-08-04, 10:28 PM
i can lots of people in the back of mine, the extra 2 doors are brilliant

nova_rally
31-08-04, 11:06 PM
Get clip on harnesses and fit the eye bolts in the floor, using a threaded plate welded in place. Harnesses then just clip on.

Some of us have to have the rear seats in - harnesses or not! :roll:

Alan

MattNova
01-09-04, 06:12 AM
finally someone who sounds like they know what i wanted to hear.

Get clip on harnesses and fit the eye bolts in the floor, using a threaded plate welded in place. Harnesses then just clip on.

Some of us have to have the rear seats in - harnesses or not!

so is there a 'special' type of harness that i need to get, or are there a lot of clip on ones out there?
Matt

Stuart
01-09-04, 08:27 AM
Some of us have to have the rear seats in - harnesses or not! :roll:

Alan

yes but you dont have passengers in yours :p you rally the fecker lol

robb
01-09-04, 09:18 AM
Need to leave rear seats in on road rallying.

Could still use the rear seatbelt holes though? (for nova_rally)

If you want harnesses and passengers then a plate to the floor is the best way. Although the belt has really got to be a certain angle to the rest of it etc.

Ste_Nova
01-09-04, 09:48 AM
3 point harness... shared onto buckle mounting points in the rear

you can get harnesses with releases... shcroch??

Al Wilson
01-09-04, 06:11 PM
you can get harnesses with releases... shcroch??

You can but I'm not sure if they are road legal. I know with regards to the buckles the circular push release/rally spec FIA ones aren't because in the event of a crash something could hit them and release you from the belt, causing further injury. You have to have the plastic clip ones as found on every car. The same could apply for the release clip/eye bolt mounts.

As for the mounting points you can always make your own. With mine I had to make a hole in behind the handbrake shaft. Just make sure if you're putting ones in the rear check where the petrol tank is before drilling/cutting.

Al

nova_rally
01-09-04, 06:36 PM
I have had 3 passengers in the car with harnesses and a cage but It was far from comfortable! :o

There are some harnesses (usually the cheaper ones) where you bolt the end of the harness into the original seatbelt mounts. On mine (and the type you need) you get eye bolts that go into the seatbelt mounts. (no need to ditch the old seatbelts) and the ends of the harnesses have like a clibers rope clip on it, which clips around the eye bolt. Nice and secure.

I have Britax 3 point harnesses, with all the original seatbelts left in position, in theory you can just unclip the rear harness from the eyebolt in the rear seat to let people in, but it doesn't work in practice!

Alan

Al Wilson
01-09-04, 06:39 PM
Mine are 3 point with the rear point mounted to the rear seat belt holes. ?40 a set I wouldn't call cheap but maybe they are lol. Sparco.

m.d.
01-09-04, 11:40 PM
yup thats cheap mate. 3 inch ones start at about 125 quid each :o

Ste_Nova
02-09-04, 01:02 PM
yup thats cheap mate. 3 inch ones start at about 125 quid each :o

yup my 6 pointers were ?180+ each