PDA

View Full Version : few things really ?

DEATHCAT
29-08-04, 08:30 AM
hi my nova engine sounds like shit on idol when i don't have the choke on or rev it it shacks like hell and my exhust is smoking alot more now would i need my engine reconditioning or not if so how much about would it be for it to be done engine 1.2L Mk2 Nova.

also how much you think it would cost me to get PAS fitted to my mk2 nova ?? and anyone on here near manchester would be able to fit it ??

also i was talking to someone to fit my toad and i asked about full closure and he said i would need something for my windows to stop them burning out e told what it was i needed but i did not write it down and now i forgot ??

anyone know what it is i think its a selnoid (can't spell) or something ??

Paulbrown
29-08-04, 11:29 AM
why would you need to fit PAS to a nova they are to small and light to feel it. on a 1.2 i wouldnt bother with a engine rebuild just get bigger engine dropped in

m.d.
29-08-04, 11:42 AM
why would you need to fit PAS to a nova they are to small and light to feel it. on a 1.2 i wouldnt bother with a engine rebuild just get bigger engine dropped in

pas because you have a shorter lock to lock so will be better for driving in and out of corners more accurately without flailing arms.

and a 1.2 just because.... i wait for caimbridge to answer this one

DEATHCAT
29-08-04, 01:46 PM

pas because you have a shorter lock to lock so will be better for driving in and out of corners more accurately without flailing arms.

and a 1.2 just because.... i wait for caimbridge to answer this one ??

Philsutton
29-08-04, 05:38 PM
use the corsa steering rack im sure that can be made to fit, only problem then is make a bracket for the pump to run, or swap to a corsa engine.

m.d.
29-08-04, 06:32 PM
the pump from a corsa is electric. or get a saxo one

Philsutton
29-08-04, 07:09 PM
you sure its electric sure they ran off a belt, dont bother degrading yourself an going for a saxo one

DEATHCAT
29-08-04, 10:00 PM
you sure its electric sure they ran off a belt, dont bother degrading yourself an going for a saxo one

lol ;) thx for tips guys any ideas on prices a mac will charge ?

nova_rally
29-08-04, 10:30 PM
Fitting PAS is described in the Competition build manual.

Aragorn
30-08-04, 09:50 AM
prolly easier using a corsa electric column rather than an actual powersteering rack - that way u only need to fit the column