PDA

View Full Version : Rock on Kelly Holmes!

Al Wilson
28-08-04, 11:29 PM
Just thought I would post my appreciation of her Gold tonight and the one the other day!

Mel
28-08-04, 11:41 PM
i havent been watching the actual events, but have been watching the news bulletins.

bout time we won something..

well done Kelly

Al Wilson
28-08-04, 11:43 PM
Ireland have not won anything. They are apparently "happy to just be there"

They would surely win the lepracorn gold hunt if such an event existed overseas.

Mel
28-08-04, 11:48 PM
:lol:

Al Wilson
28-08-04, 11:50 PM
And Wales would win sheep hearding. But Wales is not a country. It is in fact an offensive land fill that the council are waiting to remove.

Mel
28-08-04, 11:57 PM
:lol: you're brave..

get ready for some serious ass-raping

Al Wilson
29-08-04, 12:00 AM
No, that is the speciality of Scotland.....

Mel
29-08-04, 12:15 AM
:o cheers for that..you've either been around the block (counties!) a few times, or have too much time on your hands

Al Wilson
29-08-04, 12:16 AM
Round the block sounds about right. Need to settle down.

dan_mk1
29-08-04, 01:17 AM
And Wales would win sheep hearding. But Wales is not a country. It is in fact an offensive land fill that the council are waiting to remove.

Tis true.

Fester
29-08-04, 01:22 AM
Yep, awesome on the golds.

sh0rty
29-08-04, 02:16 AM
I watched the one the other day, what did she win tonight for :?: what race i mean :?: (which was the other day 800m wasnt it :?: )

?Marty?
29-08-04, 02:17 AM
my appreciation of her Gold

What's the big deal?

broody
29-08-04, 02:32 AM
I didnt know she used Novaload, in which case ill say weldone kelly.

but otherwise who cares, she can run, woohoo, i can run to the toilet and back but no one says weldone to me do they!

?Marty?
29-08-04, 02:44 AM
She may have been 'representing' the UK, but WHAT does that actually mean? There was only one person running for that medal. No one else in the UK had ANY input/contribution towards that medal. Why/how can they 'share' in it?

And the medal has been won only against 'this particular moment in time'. It's nothing to do with her performance, all it comes down to at the end of the day, is LUCK. Luck as to how the other people were performing, who was present that day, who was born on what day and etc etc. There might be a window cleaner in Brighton who can run faster than her, but has no interest in it. Or never got the chance because she may have got addicted to Panda Pop and wasn't allowed to try out for the track and field team at hight school.

And then what does it matter WHO wins the medal? It's only to do with what country someone legally resides in or was born in. What exactly does the COUNTRY have to do with it. There is no such thing as couontries anyway. There was only Adam and Eve, and ont Planet Earth. Who ever named the first countries - what if i don't agree with them? I have just as much right to this planet as them. It's just the luck of who came first.

?Marty?
29-08-04, 02:44 AM
I also prefer Katie Holmes. She looks Dapper.

Mel
29-08-04, 07:50 PM
thanks Marty. i shall sleep much better tonight knowing what was in that 3 mins ramble..

wisewood
29-08-04, 07:55 PM

Wales is the Yorkshire of the West. I tell my Welsh fiance, and her family this all the time. They are yet to come to terms with it, but sooner or later they will face facts. They use money from the Bank of England... therefor it must be England really!

?Marty?
29-08-04, 08:51 PM
^^^ i think my (drunken) ramble was much better. Also, i experienced Welsh sheep herding last night. Awesome.

They are also AWESOME golfers, especially the youngsters.

sh0rty - she won in the 1500 race.

?Marty?
29-08-04, 08:57 PM
thanks Marty. i shall sleep much better tonight knowing what was in that 3 mins ramble..

I was just ranting and raving because it's all - ''well done well done'', but what for? People are only interested in her NOW that she has won. What if she had not even qualified, or came 5th. Would this thread still be here saying ''Go on Katie, better luck next time!'' ? Nope.

And also the whole concept of individuals 'representing' countries seems 'alien' to me. They're INDIVIDUALS can their performance only represents THEM.

To resolve the situation which causes my grumble is to do THIS - make androids. Then have olympics, where each resident in their own country sits there watching the race and pressing this joystick/button connected to the TV that sends a signal to the android. The faster the combined countries efforts are at pressing the buttons/wiggling the joystick, the better the android athlete performs in running/swimming and etc. Like the computer games where you go nuts at pressing A B A B A B..... till your thumbs bleed. But a combined effort of the country.

I WANT that.

THEN i'd be happy with their 'representation'.

Mel
29-08-04, 09:06 PM
lol you have once again lived up to the "weirdo" image..

Alex
30-08-04, 03:06 PM
your only upset Marty becasue you're an illegal and was banned from representing the UK. You got your joo claw in a twist when told.

?Marty?
30-08-04, 07:05 PM
I will huff and i will puff, and i will blow your merkin off!

Al Wilson
30-08-04, 08:23 PM
i can run to the toilet and back but no one says weldone to me do they!

No but you do get a chocolate medal.

wisewood
30-08-04, 08:30 PM
I will huff and i will puff, and i will blow your merkin off!

and i dont think he means that in the good way :o
http://downloads.mayhemlounge.com/c.gif

Breeny
30-08-04, 11:41 PM
Kelly Holmes??

Aint't that the burd out of Dawsons Creek?? (Not that I watch it.. lol)

?Marty?
31-08-04, 12:28 AM
^^^ nope, the one you meanis Katie Holmes. The one that i said is Dapper.

The one these people are on about, is probably the one with a six-pack bigger than one's Andy (wiseyRoo) has at work. And has more testosterone pumping though her veins than an entire Stains Chav Massive.