PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 2 things!

DavX
27-08-04, 05:26 PM
Hey ok here goes, i now have changed my dash dials for a set of gte ones, i plug in the 2 cables that came off the old dials but the tachometer (revometer) doesnt work :S

Also how the hell do i get my steering wheel off, haynes says i need a pully, what sort?

Cheers

Dave

dan-hipgrave
27-08-04, 05:44 PM
For the rev counter you need to run a wire from your ignition coil - the bottom right connector to the back of your clocks

And for the puller check on www.draper.co.uk and its the GM puller, though the one i bought didnt fit very well and i have heard similar stories from other people :roll:

Some people also try just pulling/tugging at the wheel and eventually it will come off, though leave the nut on a bit or when it does come off it will smack you in the face.

DavX
29-08-04, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the reply, will try that, also my new alloys shown here http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2082 stick out a way about 2" from car, is that illegal?

dan-hipgrave
29-08-04, 03:13 PM
yeh its illegal mate. What offset are the alloys? They should be preferably as close to ET49 as possible, the lower the offset the further they will stick out.

You will either have to fit a wide arch kit ( a bit of an extreme solution) or sell them and use the money to buy some alloys with a better offset.

Or keep them, hope you dont get pulled, and switch back to standard steels for the MOT :wink: :lol:

m.d.
29-08-04, 06:28 PM
or get the offset changed on the wheels by getting them machined to fit. most good machinests will be able to do this,

but if they dont rub then dont worry lol