PDA

View Full Version : need sum dodgy ppls advice....

Wiggie
27-08-04, 04:47 PM
got stopped few hours ago (my car is in patchwork primer) he gave me a producer.

i took it for its MOT 2 days ago. and it failed on barings which i have bought but they need fitting.

if i tell the police the truth whats the penalty? ........not that im gunna do that - im gunna try and blag it......any gud ideas?

Philsutton
27-08-04, 04:57 PM
i got stopped with out MOT ages ago, i took in my paperes then i noticed it didnt have MOT read me right ect. But i havent heard anything since an that was bout 18 months ago.

Dpnova
27-08-04, 04:58 PM
I think you can get 3+ points for having no mot

Philsutton
27-08-04, 05:01 PM
bout a 2 grand fine as well i think

Dpnova
27-08-04, 05:02 PM
:o Opps

?Marty?
27-08-04, 11:31 PM
Driving without MoT is a NON EDORSABLE offence (will be changing soon i think) so you will get NO points, and IF they prosecute, only a fine.

Possibly around ?100.

AnThoNYnOvA
28-08-04, 01:39 AM
dont produce dont reply they give up

Wiggie
28-08-04, 09:40 AM
lol. id rather not risk them on my back. iv done the work it needed for the MOT and iv put it in for a re test now. just goto w8 until they phone me. cant beleive there open on a saturday!

so i will have an MOT for the day after i got the producer. that should help my case sum what??

if hes still writing the MOT cert when i get there im gunna ask him to put the date that he tested it on there. i doubt he will be interested though.

EL

novahead
28-08-04, 11:05 AM
yer he might do that for u, it dont mean anythin, just the day he did the tested,

epo
28-08-04, 11:10 AM
lol. id rather not risk them on my back. iv done the work it needed for the MOT and iv put it in for a re test now. just goto w8 until they phone me. cant beleive there open on a saturday!

so i will have an MOT for the day after i got the producer. that should help my case sum what??

if hes still writing the MOT cert when i get there im gunna ask him to put the date that he tested it on there. i doubt he will be interested though.

EL

yeah bung him an extra tenner

Wiggie
28-08-04, 11:48 AM
ahh fek ,has been a crazy day so far. i got the phone call from the MOT bloke. he said the bearings wer sorted but he couldnt pass it because the headlamps wer still wrong. and he couldnt adjust them because the ajusters wernt working......so me and me old man worked like a pair of pit stop crew and changed the sus over to my lowered springs so the front end is lower and then we prety much rebuilt the off side head lamp in the space of 3 quatres of an hour b4 i the station closes

........dosnt this man know how desprit i am for that peice of paper!!!

STRESS!

argh....after that iv still goto try and blag it to the police station. hmph

Wiggie
28-08-04, 12:37 PM
finaly got the cert. . . . now its time to face the luvly lady behind the counter at the police station. :?

epo
28-08-04, 12:52 PM
good luck with it mate

Freak
28-08-04, 01:48 PM
No mot is 0 points and a small fine
Friends fine was 28+ costs
lol

Al Wilson
28-08-04, 08:40 PM
Hows it all turned out then?

Wiggie
29-08-04, 09:22 AM
stomped in there yesterday, stated chatting up the woman....but she still noticed. she just said shes written it down in the book. and iv just goto w8 and see. im like "yeah great".

but she did say she doubts it will come to much. lol ahh well least im back driving legaly. well almost, iv still goto tell the insurance company bout my new engine

RJM25R
01-09-04, 09:00 AM
My mate hasbeen copped for speeding in his company Focus, and his MOT had expired by 3 months (it's first one).

When he produced his documents, they gave him the story "You'll have to wait"

So we asked my mum's neighbour (Police Road Traffic Accident Investigator, Ex traffic cop)

As a generalisation, He said that unless you were involved in an accident, had no insurance/tax or driving under the influence of drink or drugs, the CPS will not press charges. The fact that you are insured and taxed shows that the MOT is an oversight and that you are a responsible individual. Having said that, if the no MOT was linked to another serious offence (EG road racing, very high speed pursuit) the CPS may look further into it.

6 months later, my mate has still heard nothing......