PDA

View Full Version : ...Aftermarket Central Locking... ?

Barn
26-08-04, 08:38 PM
I'm after some central locking for my Nova...

What should I get ?

If I fit Central locking from an SR or GSI...would I have any problems linking it up to remote central locking on say a Toad alarm (wouldnt be linking it up myself but like the Toad dealer that fits the alarm)?

Cheers

Philsutton
26-08-04, 08:59 PM
i would have thought it would have been easier to get the whole system out of another nova with the loom and switchs and solenoids

Cjscooby
26-08-04, 10:56 PM
all you need to do is get the nova kit mate and you can attach that to ur remote central locking as the solenoids are only simple ones they are very easy to wire into the alarm wires!
hope this helps
Cheers
Cj

Barn
27-08-04, 11:45 AM
sorted. thanks...

I will just use the setup out of my old SR then!

Nova central locking only pops from the drivers side though yeah

EDIT - oh yeah, but that wont matter will it :oops: ,lol

just a question too...the central locking would sometimes stick...is there anything I can check with the solenoids etc as I dont really want this happening when I've got no locks !

gary_1.2Merit
27-08-04, 12:59 PM
i got a microscan central locking kit and alarm. bout a week b4 i woz gunna delock, i pressed the button on de remote to unlock the doors and nuffin happened, de alarm turned off but the doors didnt unlock. i dunno wot happened, i jus kicked the door n it unlocked
lol

Riggy
27-08-04, 01:20 PM
i got a microscan central locking kit and alarm. bout a week b4 i woz gunna delock, i pressed the button on de remote to unlock the doors and nuffin happened, de alarm turned off but the doors didnt unlock. i dunno wot happened, i jus kicked the door n it unlocked
lol

:o :o

Cjscooby
27-08-04, 03:21 PM
they eaisest thing to do is just put in new solenoids!

Cj

Barn
27-08-04, 03:28 PM
where can these be bought from mate ?

Autovaux ?

Cjscooby
27-08-04, 03:35 PM
give Steve Crook at LMF a call on 01858 433599 after the 1st of sept and tell him Chris with the impreza gave you his number he will sort you out

Snowface
27-08-04, 07:55 PM
u have to cut holes in the bodywork and take wing off to do it properly.

I did have an Sr C/L set up of ebay. I thought it was too much hassle to fit. I think aftermarket ones are actually easier to fit, or try find some better rods to use with the SR version.

Barn
28-08-04, 12:22 PM
holes....where to mate ?

what setup have you got at the moment then mate ?