PDA

View Full Version : Another Nova, but this one's special! (Pics)

krobinson
25-08-04, 07:25 PM
I'm in the process of buying another Nova. Was supposed to collect it tonight, but my loan hasnt cleared, so maybe thursday/friday!

Now, this may sound a bit unbelieveable, but its 1985 1.2, with 4500 miles on the clock! The story go's, a woman and man bought it new, but the man died a few months later. With only 2k on the clock, the nova lay in the garage for 17-18 years, until the woman died. A guy was contracted out to sort the house out, and found this Nova in the garage, cardboard on the floor, which seem'd to absorb moisture!

He didnt think much of it, so gave it to his mate, who's a fireman, and was on strike at the time. He drove it for just under 6 months, and then got a new car and its been in his garage since. I found out about it through a rumor and asking around.

Went to see it on thursday, couldnt believe my eyes, its absolutely mint. Underneath looks pretty much new, the chassie legs seemed to be the same colour as the car! I couldnt see any scrapes or dents in it anywhere! Also since it hasnt been driven much, the carpets, seats, steering wheel, gear knob show no signs of wear at all! The engine needs a polish as the alloy is a bit shabby looking, but only because it's oxidised!

He was a bit reluctant to sell, but i offered good money and told him it wouldnt be butchered and would be kept pretty much as it is, mint, stored in a garage! So hopefully be picking it up tomorrow or friday! Cant bloody wait :D I'll have plenty of pics as soon as i've got it cleaned up!

Keith

Fester
25-08-04, 07:30 PM
Madness! Get pics up!

broody
25-08-04, 07:30 PM
how much was it mate, sorry for asking but im on the look out too.

krobinson
25-08-04, 07:36 PM
?1000 was agreed, just waiting on the loan clearing, and he's giving it a clean too! Altho i'll be cleaning it even more when i get it. I think thats not bad for a car that's barely been driven, and hasnt even had its first service yet!!

Aparently the guy's at the MOT Center thought he was taking the piss, couldnt believe it!

Keith

Divaldo
25-08-04, 07:37 PM
im sellin my nova if u want it want around ?500, not askin much..

krobinson
25-08-04, 07:48 PM
im sellin my nova if u want it want around ?500, not askin much..

use PM's!

Keith

wisewood
25-08-04, 08:02 PM
its 1985 1.2, with 4500 miles on the clock!

Bloody Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've got an 04 Clio with almost 4000 miles on it and we've only had it about 3 months.

That nova is everyone's dream really. Something that's been forgotten about in a garage and suddenly turns up in immaculate condition. If you dare to do anything to it in the way of non standard parts etc i will hunt you down and chop off your testicles!!!

It needs to be kept pristine and shown only on special occasions so that in 50 years time you will have one of the only ones left.

krobinson
25-08-04, 08:13 PM
its 1985 1.2, with 4500 miles on the clock! If you dare to do anything to it in the way of non standard parts etc i will hunt you down and chop off your testicles!!!

It needs to be kept pristine and shown only on special occasions so that in 50 years time you will have one of the only ones left.

Dont worry, at the moment the plan is to leave it completely alone. If ANYTHING does happen, it will be brand new (mk1) SR front and rear bumper, just as i think it looks much better than the old combined grill/bumper on the first models. Even then, i'll shrink wrap the old bumper and keep it.

It's a tough call really, with some 16" softstars, rub strips removed, lowered with SR bumpers, it could look really nice. Also a nice tuned small block engine, detailed in chrome with new webbers would also be a nice touch, and certainly pull more at the show's!

But for now, it's going to be stored away, kept in MINT conditon and recieve anything it needs. Gonna buy some de-humidifyers for the garage for keep the moisture away too.

BUT!! one thing, now it looks like the Blue nova will have to be an everyday car, as i only have 1 garage! I still refuse to drive it in winter tho! With 3 Nova's now its gonna get a bit mental in the driveway!

Keith

wisewood
25-08-04, 08:20 PM
If you wanted to though, you could turn the blue one into a daily driver for the summer and do all the things you mentioned such as softstarts and tuned small block etc and still draw people in to have a look at it.

The standard one being absilutely pristine would draw people in on its own.

Mel
25-08-04, 08:56 PM
bloody hell, that is amazing. definately want pics

im glad you're keeping it as it is, in mint condition.

clawsk
25-08-04, 09:26 PM
My dream would be to find a Gsi in that condition! :D

Then mod fuck out of it! 8)

wisewood
25-08-04, 09:37 PM
My dream would be to find a Gsi in that condition! :D
Then mod f**k out of it! 8)

ARE YOU MAD??
You dont take a GSi that is in factory condition and then start f*cking around with it :lol: You keep it pristine and show it off as a perfect example.

PS. Where in wrexham are you? :D

burgo
25-08-04, 09:48 PM
why do ppl do that find a mint example then mod it and destroy it ull never get a nicer car than a mint one so why mod it

krobinson
25-08-04, 09:50 PM
There HAS to be GSI's out there in the same situation!

Keith

MechaT
25-08-04, 10:40 PM
I say lock it in your garage with more cardboard to keep it prestine for another 17 years!

My car was found in a garage with 40,000 miles after 17 years, but I wouldn't quite say it was mint... :?

?Marty?
25-08-04, 10:41 PM
You're all obsessed! lol

My first car was a C-Reg 1.2 Merit, and that was a genuine 47K miles and a similar story to the one above.

I butchered it and raped it in every way imaginable. Nice.

srs1
26-08-04, 10:53 AM
nice find mate

clawsk
26-08-04, 11:59 AM
I aint a museum, cars are for driving not locking up in a air tight room!

clawsk
26-08-04, 12:06 PM
Actually if it makes you all feel better, id like to find two Gsi's then keep one in a vacum or whatever :lol:

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clawsk wrote:
My dream would be to find a Gsi in that condition!
Then mod f**k out of it!

ARE YOU MAD??
You dont take a GSi that is in factory condition and then start f*cking around with it You keep it pristine and show it off as a perfect example.

PS. Where in wrexham are you?

Johnstown mate. 8)

Riggy
26-08-04, 05:09 PM
nice one keith i remember seeing one on ebay a bit back(i posted it on here) which was a similar story :D

Snowface
26-08-04, 05:17 PM
Actually if it makes you all feel better, id like to find two Gsi's then keep one in a vacum cleaner or whatever :lol:

Have to be a Dyson cause they are the best.

Ben
26-08-04, 05:22 PM

Keith

We found one but not quite up to that, this one was Silver one owner from new wich was an old lady has just done 100k but is still a one owner car, its been garaged all its life and is in great condition and drives superb.

We got it off ebay, it wason buy it now and wasnt listed for even ten minutes :!:

clawsk
26-08-04, 06:32 PM
Actually if it makes you all feel better, id like to find two Gsi's then keep one in a vacum cleaner or whatever :lol:

Have to be a Dyson cause they are the best.

Oh yeah it'd have to be a dyson like! :lol:

krobinson
26-08-04, 08:42 PM
Well, Here it is. Drives like it rolled out of the factory, the interior is UNREAL! Only rust is on the front lower valance, where the wing meets the valance, needs painted. I'll get that done asap :D The rest of the car is superb, spanking new condition :D

Not bad for 19 years old eh?? ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new12.jpg

Keith

Rach
26-08-04, 08:48 PM
very nice!

i think you should sell it to me seeing as it's the same age... :wink:

srs1
26-08-04, 08:51 PM
needs lowering

:lol:

wisewood
26-08-04, 08:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/new11.jpg

Rust - top left. I WIN!!! Yeay. :lol:

That is outstanding. I cant believe it

Mel
26-08-04, 09:26 PM
whoa, that is unbelievable from them pics..

you are one lucky (jammy!) git..

burgo
26-08-04, 09:28 PM
:( i want it

Jules
26-08-04, 10:02 PM
Good god man get it out of the rain!!!
:o

krobinson
26-08-04, 10:11 PM
Good god man get it out of the rain!!!
:o

You see, thats one of the problems at the moment. I have 3 Novas, Blue with no engine which is in the garage, white one, and now this one..

But i only got 1 garage :lol:

I'm looking around for some storage at the moment, and need to get this one booked in to get the front valance tidyed

Keith

-Bruce-
26-08-04, 10:52 PM
that car is so nice!! get the valance done and you have got a very smart nova there keith!! you have got to laugh when you see 4531 miles on a nova clock!! great fined

bruce

krobinson
26-08-04, 11:10 PM
Was looking down through the oil cap @ the cam. It still has the original paint markings on it from the factory, mental!!! :o

Keith

clawsk
26-08-04, 11:17 PM
Yeah man it looks clean alright, not bad for 19 and ownin 3 novas!

So what the plan then, what you gonna do with it?

Ste_Nova
27-08-04, 09:30 AM
get some waxoil poured into the rear arches and sills..... it's the one job vaux forgot to do in the factory

dan_mk1
27-08-04, 10:03 AM

Keith

We found one but not quite up to that, this one was Silver one owner from new wich was an old lady has just done 100k but is still a one owner car, its been garaged all its life and is in great condition and drives superb.

We got it off ebay, it wason buy it now and wasnt listed for even ten minutes :!:

Theres an old lady round here who drives an absolute minter of a GTE, 100% standard and shes had it a good few years.....i really should make her an offer!

krobinson
27-08-04, 11:10 AM
Yeah man it looks clean alright, not bad for 19 and ownin 3 novas!

So what the plan then, what you gonna do with it?

I'm 21, the nova's 19! lol

Keith

smithy87
27-08-04, 11:43 AM
F**K ME SIDEWAYS!

Touch up the paint, blacken up the trim, sort the rims out (nout toooooo extream), and maybe throw a few GSI/GTE bits at it, aaaaaaaaand.....

A SORTED MOTOR FRIEND!

I COME BACK TO THIS????????!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Riggy
27-08-04, 01:15 PM
looks wicked mate like it been in a time warp lol

some people have all the luck :D 3 mint novas

smithy87
27-08-04, 02:30 PM
krobinson, is that E201 HELIOS BLUE paint?

dan_mk1
27-08-04, 02:31 PM

Who are you?!?! lol

smithy87
27-08-04, 02:33 PM

Who are you?!?! lol

Its a great thing to come back to! I've been away for a bit.

dan_mk1
27-08-04, 03:40 PM
As far as i was aware, you wernt 'here' in the first place!

a2lt16v
27-08-04, 03:44 PM
get it out the bloody rain thats wrecked it now :o

Barn
27-08-04, 04:11 PM
Another minter!

I was lucky to find an F-reg one that has done 30,000 miles!

I have to drive it everyday and in the rain!

aint waxoyled it yet either...!

really should get that done.

I literally cringe when I drive in the rain...

However, mine aint staying no where near standard, lol!

GSI rep here I come

Well Done Anyway Keith

krobinson
27-08-04, 05:40 PM

I'm unsure, need to check that out tonight, if it isnt, then its VERY close!But helios blue was a factory option, never standard i think?>

Keith

burgo
27-08-04, 06:24 PM
the reason hes got three minters is cos hes in ireland i beleave thats where to go to geta gd one i dunno why but it is

DazK
27-08-04, 10:09 PM
apparently they dont use salt on the roads in NI...

That would explain why there Nova's arent completely buggered like the ones over here :(

J4MES
27-08-04, 10:21 PM
:o :o :o oh my god that is amazing, that takes the p*ss!!!! :lol: :lol:

its in good hands, dont want some pikey fcuking it up!!!! :lol: :lol:

krobinson
27-08-04, 11:00 PM
apparently they dont use salt on the roads in NI...

That would explain why there Nova's arent completely buggered like the ones over here :(

Dont know where you heard that! They use Savage amounts of salt on the roads here as the winters are usually rather cold, much like scotland!

Keith

?Marty?
27-08-04, 11:21 PM
looks excellent that! I would also say that at ?1K it's actually a BARGAIN, rather than a 'good offer'! lol

elsey197
28-08-04, 12:01 AM
Good find mate, i dunno what id do with it to be honest considering you have your blue one modded. keep it mint and standard :D

Will
28-08-04, 12:53 PM
the white one u use is also mint, i think im mad with 2 novas but 3 :lol:

nice buy, get pics of the bay?

smithy87
28-08-04, 05:59 PM

I'm unsure, need to check that out tonight, if it isnt, then its VERY close!But helios blue was a factory option, never standard i think?>

Keith

According to halfords, the paint code '201' was helios blue. Not to sure what the 'E' means though. I only ask cos mines the same colour as you're new find, and I'm after some of the paint for touch-ups.

Let us know mate.

dhdev (Oli)
31-08-04, 07:55 AM
MODIFY IT!!! some people are gonna hate me for this but my nova was originally a 1.2 eexpression 'k' reg with 4500 on the clock, some may have seen it at the png national show last year. You won't get a better shell than a low mileage original one. And i win cos mine has absolutely no rust!!! and cost ?600!!!!

krobinson
31-08-04, 10:16 AM
Mine only has a slight bit of rust where someones kerb'd the front pannel and knocked some paint off. Underneath, chassie is in "new" condition. The floor etc is completely unreal, never seen a nova so clean. I'm sure you were just as shocked when you looked round yours!

I win cos mine's 8 years older than yours ;);)

I'm keeping it standard as i have a White Nova that i'm gonna start on once i finish my Blue 1.3 T40. I''ve got too many of the buggers lmao

Keith