PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp Buzzer

Jim
24-08-04, 07:38 PM
I have a Mk2 Nova that comes with the warning buzzer that sounds if you leave your sidelights on. Mines stopped working for ages, but I've been going round my car trying to sort out these little niggles. I've tried changing the fuse and it still doesnt work, does anyone know how to get it working again?

Cheers

Jim

epo
24-08-04, 08:34 PM
i think some times they just stop workin tbh mate mine did on me gte the buzzer was 12 year old like the car
me mk2 one can be tempremental too

Stuart
24-08-04, 09:29 PM
i think its mostly to do with the door open sensors.

eitehr get new ones or clean up the existing ones and earth em good

epo
24-08-04, 09:53 PM
if it is a buzzer jim ill have a look in me garage i might have an aftermarket jobby from my old job we used to fit em to ambulances if you want it
ill bass it on to breeny or who ever at rax just let me know but like i say its not a vaux one

te17@novasgonemad
24-08-04, 11:01 PM
soz to rain on ur parade boyz but the newbie has the answer to this little quesion,,

if u unclip the fuse box from the dash and pull it down the are big square relay blocks on the back these just push on and pull off the one u want to swap is one with three pins on it which u will find out when you pull it out .. and it has a little gap that runs down one side of it to let the sound out ..

so pull this out and swap it for another of you could do what i did whichis pull it out and put an astra mk3 one str8 in there and you get bleeping not nasty buzzing :) btw the astra one is an upgrade of the original so when looking for one round the scrappies u wonna be looking for a white one any probs put them on here and il explain

broody
24-08-04, 11:26 PM
if you've recently had your car resprayed check the switch on the Door, the Screw and the top holding it on is the EARTH, unscrew it and clean up the thred and back of the unit, so it deff connects.

hope this helps.

Neil

Will
25-08-04, 12:10 AM
bahh who needs a buzzer

my 1200 sting and now 1200 merit dont have these mod cons u just have to remember if u left your lights on or not ;)

p.s. whats a rev counter? :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Jim
26-08-04, 10:48 PM
The earth is good because the Interior light comes on when the doors are open.

Thanks te17, I'll go hunting in the scrapyard for an astra one :)

Jim

Ste_Nova
27-08-04, 09:31 AM
i've got a mk4 astra one... nice ding ding noise

Benn
27-08-04, 01:03 PM
i've got a mk4 astra one... nice ding ding noise

i have 1 aswelll,
they sound the best!