PDA

View Full Version : What to do????

Adam
24-08-04, 07:21 PM
Need a bit of advice,
having failed my test again, i won't beable to tax the astra that i currently have, as i have no insurance on it.
So i don't know whether to sell the astra(having not even drove it on the roads,LOL), and get a nova.
I much prefer smaller cars, and have seen an advert, 1.4SR,1991,very clean and tidy, ?250ono which seems sound, although i ain't seen the car.
If i do get it i am hoping it will be one of the last MK1s to be made, G/H reg.
Its probably red or white as they normally are around that year, this is the first decent sounding nova i have seen for sale.
And a MK1, which i much prefer to the MK2(as does Mel,LOL)
Then thinking about GTE bumpers etc.
Would the 16" masitaly alloys go on a MK1 off my astra?
Another pushing factor is that the 1.4SR is going to be proper quick compared to my spi astra, which is 59bhp, and really slow, too slow for me, and yet the SR is group7 and my current car is group 6.
What do you think????

novataka
24-08-04, 07:25 PM
i think you should keep the astra it lookz nice n tidy but itz up 2 you

Adam
24-08-04, 07:33 PM
Thats what i think i am gonna do, cus its a nice and tidy car, i may just declare a SORN when the tax runs out.

dan_mk1
24-08-04, 07:33 PM
Shouldnt you go see the car before thinking about mods for it?

Adam
24-08-04, 07:36 PM
I wasn't really thinking about mods, just thinking about what would be better,and i am kinda thinking of just keeping my car, to stop the hassle of swapping V5s over.

Jim
24-08-04, 07:55 PM
I'd get a driving license, THEN decide what to do. No point in doing anything until you can drive.

Jim

srs1
24-08-04, 08:02 PM
plus you can insure a car before you pas your test. and you dont need to show your liscense to get road tax either.
mot cert, insurance cert and road tax form.

Adam
24-08-04, 09:01 PM
plus you can insure a car before you pas your test. and you dont need to show your liscense to get road tax either.
mot cert, insurance cert and road tax form.

Yeah i know, its a lot dearer as a provisional license holder though.

Mel
24-08-04, 09:19 PM
I much prefer smaller cars, and have seen an advert, 1.4SR,1991,very clean and tidy, ?250ono which seems sound, although i ain't seen the car.
If i do get it i am hoping it will be one of the last MK1s to be made, G/H reg.

the 91 1.4SR's that i've seen are mk2, but im sure someone else will tell me different :lol:

And a MK1, which i much prefer to the MK2(as does Mel,LOL)

Me? noooo course not :P (mk1's are loveeeeeeerly, and the future lol :wink: )

You must have bought the astra for a reason? cause you liked it etc..so why sell it just to get another car that you cant drive anyway? Like Jim said, you shouldnt make a decision before you've passed your test, as you may end up regretting it if you're basing it on a whim decision..

anyway, sup to you, i think personally i'd wait. :wink:

Adam
24-08-04, 10:44 PM
Yeah i am gonna wait, i bought the astra because i thought it looked decent, i like the looks of it, cus it has a modern shape etc.

Also Mel, i have been in a white 1.4SR 1991 H-reg and that was a MK1, its the only one i have seen though.
It must of been one of the last MK1s to be made.

Mel
24-08-04, 10:48 PM
lol, that told me..

like i said before, i havent seen one, so its more than likely a mk2..but, theres no stopping you having a look round the nova, surely? check for rust etc..no harm in looking, even if you do wait before you decide anything..

novalew
24-08-04, 11:15 PM
I'd get a driving license, THEN decide what to do. No point in doing anything until you can drive.

Jim

i disagree at least if he does it while not driving it gives him an incentive and he will be driving a car he wants to.

And thats what im doing

J4MES
24-08-04, 11:24 PM
i think that you have made the astra look nice and tidy, so should keep it until you decide that you really want a nova...like you said sorn it till you pass your test....

Paul
25-08-04, 10:37 AM
1991 is a mk2. 1990 was the last of mk1's.

SKoob
25-08-04, 03:52 PM
Mk1 are deffo the way forward 8) , I would SORN the astra till ya passed then decide mate. I'm sure you'll pass 3rd time :)

Coddy
25-08-04, 04:35 PM
get a licence, get some driving experience under oyur belt then start thinking about a more powerfull car or whatever

Adam
25-08-04, 08:09 PM
1991 is a mk2. 1990 was the last of mk1's.
You are just right mate, by 1day,LOL.
Manufacturer Vauxhall
Model NOVA SR
Body type 3 door hatchback
Colour White
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 31 December 1990

Thats the SR that my mate used to own, it was a MK1 1.4sr and made on 31st december 1990.
It must have been one of the very latest made.

Also i am gonna keep the astra, starting to install an amp and sub tomorrow and making up a boot floor from some MDF, and as people have said it is a nice and tidy car, good for a first time driver,like me.
And this time i will pass :twisted: