PDA

View Full Version : dash leds

LukeManic
23-08-04, 09:34 PM
Can any1 tell me what the best leds are to get for my mk2 dash?

I find the standard ones very dim :? But I dont want to buy cheap tacky ones, any1 know of a good set?

sTuDeNt
24-08-04, 01:22 AM
Go to the http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ they sell goo quality wide spread leds specifically for the dash! Now I have ordered some stuff there which should arrive tomorrow so I will tell you how goo they are then! OK! But take a look there! Seems to be retty cool!

LukeManic
24-08-04, 09:33 AM
ok cheers m8, keep me posted on your progress - cheers :)

broony
24-08-04, 04:46 PM
I got some leds from ultraleds, the ones for the heater knobs and behind the clock, and they arent very bright. Make sure you get the ultra bright ones unlike me!lol

sTuDeNt
24-08-04, 05:00 PM
Rite!
Had my stuff delivered today! Tried it, and it is good stuff, i was a bit cheap due to the budget shortage so did not get the top end once, however the once i got are wide angle ultra blue LED's If you want the best get clusters or square one that they sell, very nice!!!

novalew
24-08-04, 07:41 PM
are they twist ones??

epo
24-08-04, 08:26 PM
am sure you can get the ultabright ones on ebay

whitty_nova_1300sr
24-08-04, 08:31 PM
ello ppl, looking at changing all the lights in the car 2 blue, but i dont know n e thing about them or which 1s 2 get.

can some 1 please list wot i need and how many and were there 4.

many thanx

sTuDeNt
25-08-04, 09:07 AM
Ok, then!

Depending how much you want to sepnd and what result you want!

We will start with the most expesive and the one that deff will look tits! :)

Go to Ultraleds have a look under 12v Car Motorbike section and select blue! They will all fit your car, and yes they are screw once! However for the best result get 509T for the dash and get about 8 of them for your other lights get 501 wide angle get about 8 as well. For your overhead interior light and glove compartment get 239 or 264 not sure wich one, you will have to check with yours!

Cheaper just to buy LED without base, but will get on your nerves getting the oldonce out! :)

Good luck!