PDA

View Full Version : 1l problem

burgo
22-08-04, 06:37 PM
ok i kno i se i wasnt gonna use this site again but im proper stuck this time and this is the my last option even if half of u wont read it

what it is my mates nova revs fine if u blip it but try and hold it at a certain amount of revs it just dies tried changin points and condensor changed the rubber hose from tank to fuel pipe its got a new fuel pump ive stripped the carb to look for a blockage but nothin the only thing i can see it bein is lack of fuel but why ??

p.s. only started happenin since he crashed it into a curb

J4MES
22-08-04, 06:43 PM
welcome back :P could it be the new fuel pump being faulty or the wrong type...some type of blockage in the fuel lines....

burgo
22-08-04, 06:47 PM
no blockage and it was doin it wiv old pump and new pump

J4MES
22-08-04, 06:49 PM
could be electrical, possibly plugs, etc...

burgo
22-08-04, 06:51 PM
new plugs not so long ago and why only do it wen u try to hold the revs at a certain place and it runs alrite if u cover the carb wiv ya hand so that it gets hardly any air

J4MES
22-08-04, 07:09 PM
what about spark spacing??? cus as the revs rise the increase in fueling could be blowing the spark out, havnt got a clue about the hand over the carb :? :? :?

burgo
22-08-04, 07:12 PM
why should havin a crash change the gaps it was fine ran sweet he crashed now its fooked

J4MES
22-08-04, 07:14 PM
just trying to help :roll: , havnt got a clue about the crash....

Adam
22-08-04, 10:01 PM
If it runs with your hand covering the carb then i would its got any air leak somewhere.Could the crash have cracked the head/block, is it leaking water anywhere, does it overheat.
Deffo sounds like it is taking in air from somewhere other than the carb.

burgo
22-08-04, 10:15 PM
na the crash was only a little one it leaks water but has for ages and i cant see where it would b leakin air but i spose its another thing to try