PDA

View Full Version : Few pics of My Nova

Jim
22-08-04, 05:37 PM
Hi Guys,

heres a couple of pics of my Nova for you. It's now back home after a year!

I'll get some pics of the Interior when I get a chance to clean it, lol.

I've still got some bits to sort out on it, but at least I can work on it in the evenings.

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova/22_08_04_06.jpg

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova/22_08_04_02.jpg

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova/22_08_04_01.jpg

The exhaust will be getting replaced at some point, but funds are a bit low at the minute.

I'll add a tech spec later, I need to find all the reciepts for the engine work so i know what I've had done to it, lol.

Massive thanks to MC, CP, Cambridge, Breeny, Will, Dan and everyone else thats helped out along the way.

Cheers

Jim

J4MES
22-08-04, 05:41 PM
wow good to see some pics finally it looks awesome.... i love it!!! :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
22-08-04, 05:42 PM
very nice, certainly worth the wait then. Love the wheels

novashed
22-08-04, 05:43 PM
wow, looks really smart, how come its taken over a year in the bodyshop, funds?

epo
22-08-04, 06:17 PM
nice 1 mate looks awsome

was it worth the wait then :wink:

Jim
22-08-04, 06:42 PM
wow, looks really smart, how come its taken over a year in the bodyshop, funds?

It spent 8 months in the bodyshop, 4 months getting it all up and running. It was stripped almost right back. Engine has been rebuilt aswell.

Jim

?Marty?
22-08-04, 06:59 PM
Worth the time? Looks brilliant tho, and i'm sure the engine's gonna be a wee beastie.

krobinson
22-08-04, 07:00 PM
Absolutely stunning Jim, well worth the wait indeed. Nice to see something fresh from the usual Speedline/GSI gang (which i'm a member of) You've done a fantastic job!

Get some engine bay shot's up!!

Keith

dan-hipgrave
22-08-04, 07:02 PM
wow, that is one of the best nova's i have seen, love those wheels.

What doorhandles are they? were they hard to put in?

Jim
22-08-04, 07:03 PM

Yes Sir!

http://www.slimjimkelly.btinternet.co.uk/Nova/22_08_04_04.jpg

;)

Jim

Stuart
22-08-04, 07:14 PM
looks ok i guess hee hee

Damogolfgti
22-08-04, 07:17 PM
looks wicked jim

Mel
22-08-04, 07:25 PM
*drool* that does look very nice, bet you're well pleased to have it back, especially looking as stunning as that!

Jim
22-08-04, 07:31 PM
What doorhandles are they? were they hard to put in?

There Cavalier door handles.

Jim

Riggy
22-08-04, 08:43 PM
looks spot on mate really nice :D

Kruger
22-08-04, 08:58 PM
Looks like a car now!

Looking good Jim, am liking that alot,

Those Cavalier door handles werent too bad this time round I think, as my car was the practice run a few years ago, :?

Jim
22-08-04, 09:40 PM
Yeah, Dan said about that. I think he had a few little problems like getting them to sit flush, but hes done a really good job on them, I'm really pleased.

Jim

DazK
22-08-04, 09:46 PM
black Nova's rock! 8)

looks spot on Jim :mrgreen:

thumbs up from me! :+:

Adam
22-08-04, 09:51 PM
Fcuking mint Jim.
Absolutely awesome.
One of the best Novas i have ever seen.
Engine bay looks awesome.
Well done

srs1
22-08-04, 10:48 PM
congrats jim

the car looks top. hope you will have many happy years driving it.

nam
22-08-04, 10:53 PM
Absolutely stunning Jim, well worth the wait indeed. Nice to see something fresh from the usual Speedline/GSI gang (which i'm a member of) You've done a fantastic job!

Keith

took the words right out of my mouth :roll: i can remeber when you posted when it was going the body shop(same pic as in your adverter)

Barn
22-08-04, 11:22 PM
:+:

nice mate.

get the tech spec up then!! lol

broody
22-08-04, 11:58 PM
very nice, one word, shiney!

so1o
23-08-04, 12:54 AM
Top job Jim. The paint actually looks a lot better then it does in the pics, hours and hours of polishing.

Well worth the wait.

Solo

Jim
23-08-04, 06:18 PM
Cheers for the comments guys. I'm really pleased with it. Theres a couple of niggles that need sorting, but other than that I'm really happy with it.

Jim

NovaNeil
23-08-04, 07:42 PM
Thats Awesome mate! Well done. But i thought you were going to have it ready for PV though :lol:

Will it be at Trax? i'd love to see it!!!!

Neil

Jim
23-08-04, 09:04 PM
Thats Awesome mate! Well done. But i thought you were going to have it ready for PV though :lol:

Will it be at Trax? i'd love to see it!!!!

Neil

Heh, PV was the original planearlier on in the year, but things didnt go to plan lol.

I wont be at Trax or Billing either as I'll be in Cyprus. I might let Breeny take it, but it depends if hes a good boy, lol.

Jim

novataka
23-08-04, 09:54 PM
sweet m8 lookz realy good i like the colour of the wheelz on the black car

elsey197
23-08-04, 09:59 PM
Looks good Jim, loving the engine bay :D cant wait to see it in the flesh.
Any pics of the inside all finished?

whitty_nova_1300sr
23-08-04, 10:34 PM
looks very nice m8.

wot is the alloy tank on the driver side arch???

Jules
23-08-04, 11:27 PM
Looking very nice m8 - just make sure you keep it clean 'cos black cars show the dirt like nothing else - but then they do look the best when clean (As the pictures show!!)
:D

Breeny
23-08-04, 11:47 PM
Thats not clean.... he's not allowed to polish or wax it yet... strict orders :wink:

The interior is as good as the exterior lol 8)

Jim
24-08-04, 12:27 PM
looks very nice m8.

wot is the alloy tank on the driver side arch???

Its an oil catch tank. I need to get a little filter to stop any oil coming out at the top.

I'll get some pictures of the Interior once it's done.

Cheers Guys,

Jim

Col_Mk1
24-08-04, 01:48 PM
wel nice mate hope mine luks as good wen i paint mine black :D

Gazza14SR
25-08-04, 11:33 AM
Absolutely awesome Jim :!:

Luv the smoooth GSI front bumper :P

dan_mk1
25-08-04, 11:50 AM
Looks awsome dude, some very nice touches, looks low as fook at the back! 8)

HEVY-nova
25-08-04, 12:18 PM
Very impressed with that. Reminds me a lot of my old Nova. Like what you have done with the front bumper, but can't put my finger on exactly what you've done with it..???

sweet wheels as well

Fester
25-08-04, 01:26 PM
Nice one Jim, well worth the wait. Are you keeping it as a daily driver?

Jim
25-08-04, 08:19 PM
It probably wont be a daily driver, mainly because it would be too uncomfortable after a while, lol. However, I am very keen to get it run in so I can see what the new engine is like :)

I'll probably not drive it over the winter as I really cant afford to get anymore bodywork dont to it in a years time, because no matter how well you try and rust proof these cars, it will ultimatley turn up somewhere.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :)

Jim

Bass_Kitten
25-08-04, 11:05 PM
nice nova mate :+:

broody
26-08-04, 01:03 AM
Very nice motor jim, how come you didnt go for the 16v? :twisted:

Relskee
26-08-04, 03:23 PM
that cars looking cris.love them door handles.one of the smartest novas iv seen

Jim
27-08-04, 08:55 PM
Heres a pic of the engine bay for you:

and heres the tech spec of the car:

Engine: New pistons, ARP rod bolts, main bearings set replaced, new big end bearings. Con-rods have been de-seamed and shot peened. Head and block Chemically cleaned. Head and block skimmed to increase compression. Block has been re-bored to 1650cc. Crankshaft has been reground. B+ head with additional porting and polishing. Piper A13BP300H cam. Black Diamond clutch. Webber twin 40 carburettors with 34mm chokes. Polished trumpets. Two K&N bolt on air filters. Twin throttle linkage. Fuel pressure regulator. NGK Sparkplugs. Magnecor leads. Magnex 4-2-1 manifold with heat wrap. Centre exit stainless steel custom exhaust with oval tailpipe. F13 gearbox with 4.18 final drive. Griffith quick shift gear linkage. Aluminium water bottle and oil catch tank. Renault Clio windscreen washer bottle has been relocated to behind the bulkhead. Wiring has been hidden away as much as possible. New Gsi Radiator. All parts have been cleaned and/or painted before being replaced back onto the engine. Aluminium bonnet struts.

Suspension: Front: Avo Fully adjustable coilovers. Rear: Apex shocks with ?80mm springs. Front and rear Strut braces. Poly bushes all round. Protec Lowered tie bar mounts. Protec Engine mounts. Protec Eccentric top mounts for camber adjustment. Rear anti roll bar.

Brakes: Front: Astra Gte 16v callipers. Greenstuff pads. G-Force Grooved and vented discs. Rear: Standard SR Drums. Gsi Master Brake cylinder. Goodridge Brake hoses all round.

Wheels/tyres: 16? 100+ Tornados in Anthracite wrapped in 195/45/16 Toyo Proxy P1 tyres.

Bodywork: Completely stripped inside and out and engine bay for full re-spray in gloss Black. New front Valance fitted. New Rear arches. All arch inner lips have been removed. All sound deadening removed. Spare wheel well removed and replaced with a flat piece of metal welded and smoothed in to look like a factory finish. All seat brackets removed. New door skins. Vauxhall Cavalier handles welded in to sit flush with the bodywork. Doors have been de-locked. Side repeaters removed and holes filled. Single wiper conversion allowing spare wiper hole to be filled and smoothed. Gsi Front bumper has had all grooves filled and the entire bumper has been smoothed and colour coded. Seat Ibiza splitter has been fitted to follow the contours of the Gsi front bumper. Novadose side skirts blended in to bodywork and doorsills. Novadose Rear bumper with number plate recess fitted and hole cut out for centre exit exhaust. Smooth boot allowing removal of rear wiper, solenoid fitted inside car to allow opening of boot. Bee-sting Aerial. Vauxhall badge has been removed from the bonnet. Black mesh fitted in grill. Aero style fuel filler cap has been colour coded to the car. The front headlights and front indicators have been replaced with brand new items. Clear rear lights.

Interior: Carpet and sound deadening removed. SR grey dash with white ringed SR dials. Original red switches have been replaced with black ones. Corsa indicator and wiper stalks. Itavalanti Steering wheel with steering wheel boss. Momo gear knob. Sparco aluminium foot pedals. 2 Cobra Suzuka bucket seats in black and grey cloth. Cobra side mounts. Front and rear door cards re-trimmed in grey vinyl to match dash and backs of Seats.

ICE/Security: Lots 8)

Thanks: Firstly to my girlfriend for letting me spend so much money on it. Mark Curtis for the Engine work. Charles Paynter for helping out with the engine work and letting me store and work on the car at his workshop for the last few months. Stu for helping with the gear cluster, tie bar mounts and other bits?n?pieces. Dan at
?Littlefields body repair? for the Bodywork. Velos for the bottom end rebuild. Mike at Motech in Milton Keynes for sorting me out with the seats and other bits. Breeny and Will for all the lifts to the body shop and workshop over the last year. Everyone else that?s helped out.

Cheers

Jim

broody
27-08-04, 09:05 PM
Interior pics?

Jim
27-08-04, 09:07 PM
Interior pics?

Not yet, not had time to clean it all up. It's getting there though :)

Jim

benji
28-08-04, 10:48 AM
looks ace, when you getting it on a track?

Riggy
28-08-04, 12:45 PM

jim is that your washer bottle behind the bulkhead and what is it off :?

Jim
28-08-04, 07:20 PM
jim is that your washer bottle behind the bulkhead and what is it off :?

Yes it is my washer bottle. Its from an 03 Renault Clio.

Jim

Al Wilson
28-08-04, 08:20 PM
That engine bay is spectacular! Very impressed. The whole outside look is very stricking as well.

And I agree about the rust, it always finds a way. :o

krobinson
28-08-04, 11:55 PM
Jim, just noticed. your running a standard fuel pump?

I've been told to use a Silvertop facet jobby, but means i have to black off where the old pump go's!

Keith

m.d.
29-08-04, 11:34 AM
dont have to blank it off really. just leave it there disconnected, cant hurt really i prefer mechanical pumps as they are less wiring to worry about, and surely they increace the fuel pressure the more you rev the engine which must be better

LukeManic
29-08-04, 12:40 PM
christ that looks so good! :o

Jim
30-08-04, 10:09 AM
Jim, just noticed. your running a standard fuel pump?

I had a chat with CP and Dan about the fuel pump, I should be fine with what i have.

Jim