PDA

View Full Version : J350 RHA (project over)

nova---chris
21-08-04, 11:06 PM
Well peeps the time has come for change.
Been debating this move for several months now.
But ive finally had the last straw now and my shell is to be broken!
I cant justify pumping money into the current shell . So after 6 years its to be scrapped.

Its not all bad news tho. I do plan on staying in the nova stable.
Ive spoken to a few friends of here and possibly later in the year another project might get underway. Just need a clean mk2 nova !!!

As pointed out to me by Cp the only real weakness in my car was the shell. so makes sense to get it sorted tbh. Just a big project that will take time. I have some new ideas for the car and also i want a increase in performance.

Anyhow quick thanks to everyone who has helped with the current car.
Especially Cp/dan/stu/jim for all your help in keeping it going this long!

I was going to run the car through the summer. but few problems have came up and ive made the decision earlier than first planned.

thanks

Chris

so1o
21-08-04, 11:56 PM
One of my all time fave Nova's. Hope to see something like this again in the near future.

Good luck with whatever you plan to do.

Solo

krobinson
22-08-04, 12:07 AM
It's a real shame, its lasted a good long time tho, but i suppose if the shell isnt up to the task anymore, then its best to find another!

Keep us updated mate!

Keith

whitty_nova_1300sr
22-08-04, 12:28 AM
wot a shame its such a nice nova.

Jim
22-08-04, 10:47 AM
Shame it's come to this Chris, but I think you're making the right decision. We'll find you a nice Mk2 shell in no time and then project **** *** (whatever the reg is ;)) can start.

Just give me a shout if you need a hand.

Jim

Ste_Nova
22-08-04, 12:35 PM
get the reg plate on retention then transfer it to the new car..... should confuse the "old school pics" post in a few years :lol:

Jules
22-08-04, 02:40 PM
get the reg plate on retention then transfer it to the new car..... should confuse the "old school pics" post in a few years :lol:

I thought exactly the same Ste!!!
:lol:

martweaver
22-08-04, 07:30 PM

I like it!!! did'nt realise you could do this, but I spose it's no different than any other private plate.

Sorry to see it go Chris!, re-shelling seems to be getting quite common now, makes you realise how bloody old these cars are that we spend so much on! Still - plenty of 1.2 minters knocking about, I sure it'll be back bigger & better.

Mel
22-08-04, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris.

I hate hearing about nova's goin to the scrap heap in the sky :(

but good luck on the new project, i hope its as good, if not better, than the one you have now. :wink:

Riggy
22-08-04, 08:41 PM
shame to hear it mate as i really like this one looked mint at pv and looked top in tv aswell but good luck on finding a clean shell as there getting rare :( but still about dans for example :D

srs1
22-08-04, 10:35 PM
this is a very sad day mate.

but the light is at the end of the tunnel.

hope and wish you the best of luck getting the new project up and running

nam
22-08-04, 10:51 PM
GUTTED, love your car but if your not happy then theres no point in keeping it. good luck with the new project.

Nam

Barn
22-08-04, 11:28 PM
how glad am i that i've found a minter... 1.3L, 34000 miles from new!

hope you find something similiar mate as your Nova is awesome.

5_door owner
23-08-04, 01:17 AM
what have ya got planned for the new one??

the blue one is mint but if the new ones gonna be better i say go for it, nothin to lose as you have the experience from the other one so yo know what works well together :+:

nova---chris
23-08-04, 04:49 PM
Well ive already got a shed loads of parts ready to put on the new shell.
Basically first will be to strengthen the shell. Ive got a brand new 6 point cage with full rear cross.(saftey devices).

The shell is to be made as light as possible. At the present im debating getting fibre glass bonnet/wings. The rear hatch can be as light so no need to buy one of those. i can afford to loose the webbing out the doors as i have door bars on the rollcage.

Im hoping to get a bottom end rebuild over winter too. so just a case of putting my engine back in and the gearbox ect ect . probably use braided lines ect for fuel ect . I do plan on squeezing some extra horses outta the engine also. But that may be the last thing to happen.
Most the bits of the current shell can be swapped then such as polycarb windows/gear linkage/selector/seats/engine/box/ ect ect.

Anyhow thanks for all the nice words of support. Good to know alot of peeps liked the car. When you own it you dont actually see things the same way as others . :)

Main things gonna be BUDGET!!!! lol. And getting peeps to help me along the way instead of wanting to kill me ect lol cheers all!

Fester
25-08-04, 01:32 PM
If it's got to be done it's got to be done - it's difficult keeping them 100% and using them everyday.

Will be awesome though! There's loads of wicked Novas built/being built now