PDA

View Full Version : How much time you spent on your Nova?

Anonymous
29-09-01, 04:31 AM
Ok...we've had the post about how much money you've spent on your Nova, now how about how much "time" you've spent on it......and I mean time that YOU have spent on it, not a garage or someone else.

Personally, I've done everything on mine.....engine swap, engine re-build, new inlet manifold and Weber, zorst (twice), suspension (twice), all bodywork and paint (inc welding on new rear arches), sunroof (that was fun!), ICE, electrics (windows, locking, extra lights, air-horns etc), body-kit fitment (custom grill, skirts, bumpers etc) and loads more, all of which ads up to lots and lots of time....I dare'nt start to add it up. It's not cost a lot money wise, but it has taken a lot of my time and effort.
The only thing I had help with was the engine swap, where my Dad gave us a hand to get the old one out and the new one in, but I did everything else.....wiring and piping it up etc.
The only thing a garage has done to it was the MOT, and fitting a new CV boot last year 'cos I didn't have time to do it!

So come on lads and lasses....what amount of "social life steeling" time have you spent on your Nova?

Anonymous
29-09-01, 09:57 AM
dont know how much time i've spent on it but its been alot,

fittin bodykit, spraying body kit, fittin zorst, suspension, lights electrics

all me own work, other than MOT's, AND SERVICING

CHRIS

"these nothing more addictive than speed, for those ten seconds i am FREE!!!!!!!"

Anonymous
29-09-01, 10:47 AM
lmao

i gotta win this one......

ok, i started by doin loads on bits and bobs, fitting 15's and suspension and colour coding, debadging etc.

then when i took it off the road ive....

fitted wide arches, smoothed the tailgate, custom made and fitted a spoiler, fitted a bonnet vent, removed the door handles, modified the front bumper, modified the rear bumper, filled swage lines, fitted sideskirts, removed the glass, strengthened the engine bay, fitted 1*'s and coilovers, fabricated new arches (underneath), retrimmed the ice (where the back seats were) refitted cage and strut brace..oh and on top of all this.....

RUBBED THE FCUKER DOWN!!!!

all in all ive worked on it almost every evening and weekend since easter. lol

:D :D

:D there never gonna fit :D

Anonymous
29-09-01, 11:32 AM
When are we gonna see some pics of your car Lancy? we keep hearing about it, but there are no pics yet!!! where are they????

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
29-09-01, 12:25 PM
lol, theyve been about, but i had to remove em coz of certain peeps who shall remain nameless tryin to copy my mods b4 ive finished.

i now laff, coz he couldnt get the spoiler to fit that i did. lmao :D

:D there never gonna fit :D

Anonymous
29-09-01, 12:53 PM
i do everything myself
err taken 8 years :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
29-09-01, 04:00 PM
Full reshell, strip down gte and scrap it, strip down sr, and rebuild and put in new fuel lines, engine, loom, and resprayed it (badly) which is now why it gets the body work done professionally.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 05:54 PM
Probably in the area of 2 -300 hrs in the last year and a half inc. 2 new wings, welded up front, fitted GTE 2nd hand bumpers, complete exterior strip down plus rub and fill ready for respray, suspension change rear and front, drilled brake discs front and rear, zorst, stripped out interior & bucket seats fitted with homemade adapters, engine swap, engine top end re-build, ported head, twin 40's modded and fitted, gear linkage kit, diff. swap etc.
Only things not done by me: re-spray, headwork to put in larger valves, rolling road tuning.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 07:17 PM
I spend about 1 hour a week. I'm not a lazy bastid, I use that hour to clean it, that's it, polish the alloys every fortnight. But I've only been driving a year(today) and I have had 5 cars! So there's no point in spending lots of time on them.... cos I just sell it! Hopefully one of these days I will finally find a car that i'm truly happy with.

Anonymous
30-09-01, 01:22 AM
hmmmm i will only count my latest nova.
striped it to a bare shell swaped re-built as a SR then striped it again to a bare shell, fitted a corsa dash, back to front bonnet, fitted a large vent ( length of bonnet ), rubbed the whole car down inc. engine bay and gonna sand blast the whole car.
next weld up the engine bay, fit new engine get it running then take it all out and get the car sprayed, tint the windows, fit ******** suspension, ******* the doors,and plenty more...........

Anonymous
30-09-01, 08:05 AM
i did everything to all my cars apart from paint the white nova.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
30-09-01, 02:22 PM
So far. Probably about 5-10 hours a week. Ask me again in spring though and it'll be a different story.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
01-10-01, 03:00 AM
That's what I like to here....peeps who do the work themselves! I asked 'cos I know some peeps locally who drive flash motors, but haven't done a thing themselves apart from sign the cheques!

I could never do that....it doesn't feel like it's my car until I've taken it to bits :D

I've spent about 15 hours on it this weekend, and about 60 in the last two weeks (worked on it through the day, all day).
I went 27 hours without food over 2 days the week before last!

I really need a workshop 'cos I have to do everything at the side of the house on our grass drive to my Dad's garage...not good when it rains!

Anonymous
04-10-01, 01:14 PM
Ian, u sprayed your motor? the blue colour?

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Classy Graphics: http://www.roybacer.co.uk/rb_graphics.html

Anonymous
04-10-01, 03:38 PM
nope when it was diamond black i painted it gloss black, same time as we fitted gsi front from gte front.