PDA

View Full Version : Back Washer Tube >:(<

DEATHCAT
21-08-04, 05:31 AM
i brought a nove i few months back now and i few days after i noticed the back washer yet was not spraying water out of it but on closer inspection i thought it was the spoiler blocking it but then i noticed it was dripping out a rust hole in the bottom of the boot hatch. then when i was gonna fit a boot selnoide <-- Can't spell lol i pulled off the rubber pice between the boot and the roof and i noticed the rubber tube had split in half :O how would i fix this because its spraying water into my boot ??

thx in advance

epo
21-08-04, 07:56 AM
personally if it were me id try sealing it with silicon just dont get any inside the tube otherwise you'll block it
just smear it on the outside of the pipe

srs1
21-08-04, 10:07 AM
as epo said, but put a pin in it or a cocktail stick or something.

Al Wilson
21-08-04, 06:34 PM
Before I removed mine I had this problem - the tube split on the part were the boot moves. Basically its one long tube from the motor to the jet so unless you replace the whole lot sealing it is the only option.

day
21-08-04, 07:22 PM
or you could cut out the bad section and join it together with a slightly wider bit of tubing. thats what i did, is more permenant than usind sealant.

Al Wilson
21-08-04, 07:23 PM
^^^ Piece of tube slightly larger/smaller than the original and push it over it. Good idea Batman.

dathers
21-08-04, 07:37 PM
or cut the split piece out and by a proper conecting piece.
seems like a common prob on novas,3 of the 7 novas ive had have done this.
Dave

Matt2107
21-08-04, 07:44 PM
Cut the tube, stopper the end and remove the whole rear wiper and smooth the hole left behind..... job done....... problem solved........

Nick
21-08-04, 09:44 PM
yer i need to fix mine to, becasue i was meant to get a smoothed tailgate so i preperation i cutt the nozzle of the end and split the tube, but it never happened so i think i'm gonna get the whole end of the piping n nozzle then graft it onto my original pipe down when it comes out of the car and into the tailgate.

mine does't leek tho !, well i don't think so anyways.....

mowgli
22-08-04, 01:11 PM
this might upset a few people, but to fix it, you get about 3m tube from the dealership, and some joiners from the diy (the type that fit inside the pipe)
Fit the new pipe to the end by the hatchback. find the pipe under the footwell and pull on it whilst an assistant ensures the pipe is fed in ok.

It might take a while, but it won't need somebody to remove the wiper assy and smooth it out.

DEATHCAT
28-08-04, 08:41 PM
yeah thx guys that did it :)

Mike
30-08-04, 03:44 PM
so its not just mine thats nackerd then? :lol:

burgo
31-08-04, 02:32 AM
just get some new tube long enough to go from the actual jet and the rubber that it goes threw to get to the boot from the car then chop it there and get a little pipe link from ya local autofactors

robb
31-08-04, 12:36 PM
You have wingmirrors for seeing behind, scrap the washer jet idea, who ever washes the back window unless washing whole car?