PDA

View Full Version : DESPERATE HELP NEEDED

DavX
20-08-04, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, im new to the modding scence and just got a nova 1.4i merit. So far i have fitted a 1.6i gti exhaust system and a manifold. Engine in great condition.

Ok so heres the thing, i was told to buy a good fiesta weber carb and a 1.2 cylinder head with 1.6 valves. Managed to get hold of a manual choke weber carb and a 1.2 head and a 1.6 head also a few other bits like sr steering wheel and gti grill. anyways i managed to fit the exhaust with only a few minor problems with gaskets and the flange but i managed to overcome them.

Now heres the problem, i have all this stuff, the heads and the carbs and i havent a clue what to do with them :S. Any help would be appreciated as these parts are just sitting here atm.

Thanx

Also if anyone has any GTI dials for sale send me a email as in desperate need! (my scrappies suck) Cheers 8)

sTuDeNt
20-08-04, 04:32 PM
Welcome!

Dont worry about your parts, I will have them! :)

And what to do with them, well put them on! :twisted:

Its not that easy to explaine what to do with them as it is not lego and requires some knowladge. I dont mean that you not compitent enough is its just not that easy and you need to have some experience.

Your guide is Haynes Manual mate!

m.d.
20-08-04, 07:02 PM
hello mate

sorry ive not been about lately its just ive been so buisy with my nova and stuff

anywayfor the carb issue. you will need to take the inlet manifold off the engine really so not to get any crap in the engine.
when you have it off the car remove the injection carb from it and hold the XR2 one in position over the manifold flange where you took the old carb. now the tricky bit, you need to get hold of a plate that converts your manifold to fit the webber. easily done if you have the right tools. (id go and speek to a local engine tuner or engineering company abd get them to do it if your not that keen on doing it)

wit the carb fitted you will need to get either a fuel pump for an sr nova or even a 1.2 and fit it to the cylinder head, (may be worth putting it on the 1.2 one you have so you can fit it at the same time)

with the cylinder heads you will need to remove the valves from the 1.6 head and the 1.2 head, get an engine tunesr to re cut the valve seats in the 1.2 head and replace the guides so the 1.6 valves fit.

as you have the 1.6 head tho it may be worth just getting that skimmed to raise the compression and fitting that. easy few horses,

DavX
20-08-04, 09:08 PM
So is it worth taking it all out including cylinder head and doing carb at same time or gradually?

Yea im a newb! :o