PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems

litfan666
19-08-04, 10:47 PM
i got a couple of problems for u lot to help me with. 1 is how do i get rid of that horrible grey crap on the bottom half of an sr. and how much work would be required to get 17" on a car already lowered 50mm?

Adam
19-08-04, 11:57 PM
To get rid of the vinyl you need to heat it up with a hair dryer, this will melt the glue, then peel it off, any glue left can be removed with T-Cut.
If i was you though i would leave the vinyl on, it looks decent and everyones taking it off so your car will stand out of the crowd.
For 17s you will need your arches rolled, and probably grind the inside of the arch off to allow the wheel to go there.

epo
20-08-04, 06:14 PM
your best of waitin for a warm day to remove the vinyal it comes off so much easier also id use autoglym bug and tar remover to take the glue off

litfan666
21-08-04, 11:51 PM
i had a look over my car an its actually 60mm its been lowered. so im pretty sure a lot of work will need doing on the arches. so i may take it a bit lower an get some nice 15.

Al Wilson
21-08-04, 11:53 PM
your best of waitin for a warm day to remove the vinyal it comes off so much easier

Or a hair drier - worked on mine.

epo
22-08-04, 08:50 AM
ment to say that aswell

a hair dryer on a warm day is your best bet