PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's

scousebryan
19-08-04, 07:05 PM
In the next few weeks i am going to be fitting a 1600gte lump into my 1300Sr, Its gonna be running on twin 40's the question i need answering is what fuel pump would i use?? the mechanical one off the 1300SR or would I need a electric one??

ta
Bryan

-Bruce-
19-08-04, 07:17 PM
i would get facet silver top electrical pump for it mate. the mechanical one from the sr, i dont think will be up to the job!

bruce

scousebryan
19-08-04, 07:57 PM
facet do a fast road fuel pump for about ?40 quid would that do.

or

would this fuel pressure regulator work this is the description :- When you change from fuel injection to carburettors it is possible to continue to use the injection fuel pump. The injection pump delivers a much higher pressure than the carburettors need but this pressure regulator allows you to 'dial in' the required fuel line pressure

http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/media/PressReg.jpg

Dan
19-08-04, 08:16 PM
Been there done that, did it properly when it fooked up and charged my carbs with stupid amounts of fuel when the reg failed on me. Do it right the first time, get a facet fuel pump and a decent regulator

The link shows the filter king range, i opted for the glass bowl type, but it hasnt failed me yet, cost less than 40 notes and filters also .... http://www.fuelsystem.co.uk/regulators.htm

S_Gault
19-08-04, 08:58 PM
set the needle valves to 3.5psi.

Steven

scousebryan
19-08-04, 09:06 PM
i have also heard that i will need a bigger alternator belt is that true??

added to my shopping list :- facet silver fuel pump, fuel regulator. lol

-Bruce-
19-08-04, 09:28 PM
you need a alternator bracket, it moves the alternator down abit on the block so the carbs can fit in. so you will need a new belt!! what i did was get the guy at the shop to give you afew belts and try them, see what one fits.

bruce

CP
19-08-04, 10:34 PM
You can use either of the 2 ways - using a std pump is cheaper esp. if you can source a Perolator (sp?) regulator which is adjustable and effective.

scousebryan
20-08-04, 11:25 AM
does anyone know of anywhere that if i supply engine box twin 40's pumps everything you need for the conversion they will fit it??

coz am just too lazy to do it.

pref in the northwest ish area

ta
Bryan

S_Gault
23-08-04, 06:24 PM
I can