PDA

View Full Version : De-Cat Nova 1.2i

BigOliR
19-08-04, 06:12 PM
If I went to Powerflow or somewhere, would I be able to get rid of the cat on my 1.2i? Would it make it fail on emission tests or anything? Also, do you have to buy a special de-cat pipe, or is it just chopping out the cat and putting a normal pipe in place?

Cheers

Philsutton
19-08-04, 06:16 PM
if you want to de-cat the 1.2i its very simple go to a scrap yard an get a centre section off a 1.2 carb, this will fit straight on but with out the cat. an it wont cost you much.

Matt Nova
20-08-04, 12:32 AM
or if you're made of money sprtex do a de-cat pipe for the 1.2i for ?50

Aragorn
21-08-04, 12:30 AM
or if u want to make it worthwhile then fit a SRi 4-2-1 manifold and downpipe and a system for a GTE

if you cant get the SRi manifold then u can get away with using the normal SR or GTE one but u'll need to get a boss welded on for the lambda probe and you'll need to buy a 3 wire heated probe and use that instead

Tazzy
21-08-04, 12:39 PM
if you do replace it with a 1.2 pipe, remember to put on the cat pipe for mot day, as they will fail you!

theres a garage i take my car owned by two guys, i asked about this if i was to take the cat off would they fail it, one guy said he would let it go and pass the car, the other guy said he would fail it!

hmmm, predicament!

Philsutton
21-08-04, 05:36 PM
novas are listed as not needing a cat so it should go straight through an mot, mine did when i took my cat out

Al Wilson
21-08-04, 06:35 PM
:o

Aragorn
22-08-04, 09:49 AM
novas are infact on the list

people keep banging on about them not being on the "list"

the law states any engine/vehicle built after august 1992 must be fitted with a catalytic convertor

if either the engine or car is older then it doesnt need a cat

u could stick a nova SR carb engine in a W reg corsa and pass the MOT perfectly fine without a cat however its upto the vehicle owner to prove the engine is older