PDA

View Full Version : pig cars.

Anonymous
26-09-01, 08:45 AM
What police cars do you have in your area?
Just wondering cos my dad is looking for a new car, & I want him to get a Focus, cos the car he has now is a prope (grp 17) and the cheapest quote we got for me is ?1100. You can get a Focus ghia or something, which is faster than the probe but a low grouping....
However, in our area the pigs drive Focus's with a jam sarnie along the side so he won't go near them!!
Just wondering what cars the police use in ur area? any smart cars? Nova's even :o
The unmarked cars are usually a saab or Volvo, some marked volvo's and vectra's too.....

Anonymous
26-09-01, 08:59 AM
focus
vectra 2.5 v6
mondeo 2.5 v6
volvo t5
bmw 3 series td
loads of mk3 D fiestas
V8 ldv riot vans
ldv cub vans

only ever seen nova cop cars up north (darlington i think) and it was a 1.5td 5dr

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
26-09-01, 09:05 AM
i got stopped by an unmarked honda accord. its mostly volvo t5's, astras and focus

Anonymous
26-09-01, 09:16 AM
I remember when I was younger getting thrown in the back of the Volvo T5, can't remember what I was doin, anyway, see al the equipment they got in there?? They had a camera on 1 of my mates and it was following him automatically!
Yeah we got rakes of meatwagons, anyone seen those Pig smartcars? or anything else you can just point and laugh at?

Anonymous
26-09-01, 09:59 AM
i got put in the back of a renault espace for using my mobile 4n whilst driving, and hearn69r you are wright they had more tech'y stuff than fcuk'n samsung!!!

Anonymous
26-09-01, 10:46 AM
I work over the road from a police station and can see straight into their garage. It is full of
Volvo T5's
A few ford focus
3 unmarked Vectra's (not sure which model)
An unmarked Jaguar (looks like an XJ220)
Loads of standard panda patrol cars
A few high speed patrol bikes

Little story
When I was coming home from my girlfriends about 3 months ago I was doing about 85 and I noticed blue lights behind me. Shit here comes 3 points I thought. But 3 cars flew past me at about 140mph. Two were Volvo T5's (1 marked, 1 unmarked) followed by a Jag. They were gone in seconds. Bloody glad they were in such a rush.:D

Anonymous
26-09-01, 11:58 AM
how about this..

bright yellow brand new seat ibiza unmarker in Macc
the usual unmarkers around us are vectras.

Anonymous
26-09-01, 12:03 PM
Ours use gay cars
rover 200
Pug 306
Pug 106
In my area

BMW 3 series(I think??)
Vectras
Up the park.

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
26-09-01, 02:19 PM
we mostly got marked rovers 200's and astra's and fiesta's.
Unmarked i seen a load of volvo's and i seen an unmarked jag - dont remember the model name though, sporty little number though.
saw it belting down the hard shoulder of the M1 with the lights blazing away.

Anonymous
26-09-01, 07:49 PM
unmarked vr6, scoobys. t5s etc
usual stuff for marked.

Anonymous
26-09-01, 10:38 PM
theve got an unmarked sierra cosworth in Manchester!!!! at least they used to on the X-cars! :) what a job, chase the foookwits that steal cars and basically get to drive like a loon and not get locked up for it!!!!

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
27-09-01, 03:56 AM
Anyone see Bergerac on BBC1 when it was on.....I suppose most peeps would be at work when it was on.....I sat watching it whilst having my lunch (love working from home :D)

Anyway, it's set the Jersey for peeps who don't know, and from the end of the 70's up to the late 80's, and in the episodes from 83 on, they used Nova cop cars! (along with MKII Cavs...some of which were SRi's)
It was mint watching the old Nova bombing around on TV in their original, immaculate condition.....I wish I'd got some screen shots when I had the chance :( Ni mind, they'll probably re-show 'em.

The cops in my area use Rover 200's, Omegas, T5's, the odd Pug 306 etc.
The Rovers are the most common though....there's a Rover dealership bang opposite the local Police station!
Not sure about other parts of sheff though.

Anonymous
27-09-01, 01:30 PM
As far as I know (or have been chased/followed by) around Walsall in motorway format cars (i.e. fast as fuck/onboard cameras, etc) they've only got a Volvo T5 (which I had a great chase from) and a Mondeo estate. Other then that the marked/unmarked cars are mainly pugs.

Anonymous
03-10-01, 12:34 PM
merseyside- renault meganne unmarked loads about, but thort it defeated the object when the buzys in them had uniforms on?? yeah loads of unmarked 306's and other boring sh*t, usually either with either wheel trims or "bill style" with just the dirty black wheels!!