PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!! 2l 8v conversion

--roybacer--
18-08-04, 09:45 PM
im in the midle of puttin the engine in. its all bolted in etc. i cant get it started, no spark. i used to run the engin in a cav so i know its good. i dunno if its the ecu not gettin feed (ive put the red n blue wire to live) or the coil is not wired up ryt. im gettn hacked of with it at the mo. need to dothe engine so i can get on wi bodywork n install. im even willin to pay good money for some1 to get it runnin.
i used to b a mechanic n i dont think im stupid(well..............)
help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick
18-08-04, 10:01 PM
erm, i dunno if this helps, but i live in lancaster pretty much (hestbank - just outside of lancaster)

sorry but i've never met someone who lives near me ! can't help you much on the engine tho, i've heard u need 3 wires on the ecu connected, Live and Earth and i think the 3rd is Ignition/switched live ?! prehaps ?

what nova do you drive ? mite have seen it about !?

off the top of my head i can't think of anyone i know who'd beable to help...... i've heard of a orange nova in carnforth that's 2.0 converted but i don't know him.

j1400
18-08-04, 10:23 PM
Fuel is going in but no spark?

Davy!!
19-08-04, 12:35 AM
check that your fuel relay has been comnected properly because no fule no spark with these as i found out.

basically not much modification needed to the wire loom, hardest part is the fuelling wiring. have you got a GTE tank? pump etc...???

does it spark from the coil but not from the dizzy? because anothe big **** with these are the dizzy getting wet... it wont spark shit if it is damn or even slightly damaged....check the leads n shit n e way!!

--roybacer--
19-08-04, 08:47 AM
it was a 1.2i originally u proll wouldnt noticed it around i was drivin it mid project. bumpers were grey n the boot smoothin panel was white. j321lck.
i deliver milk in hest bank lol!!! im in carnforth actually.
i aint checked the fuel relay to be honest. n i dont think ive earthed the ecu. ill try that!!
cheers for ur help!!

robb
19-08-04, 05:28 PM
Check the dizzy wiring or module has a switched feed also.

Ensure the + and grnd for dizzy are correct. Ensure you have power to ECU as my 1.6i needs ECU powered to spark.

Dubford
19-08-04, 07:01 PM
if your car is a 1.2 it wont have a electric fuel pump u need that from a GTE
and im shore the red with ble strip is the fuel pump out and not power in to the ecu

Nick
20-08-04, 10:03 PM
Yer i know that car, it's (was) the Turqoisey green colour ?

i got a Dark red/burgandy 1.2, changed alot since u seen it, if u ever have. Oxygin wheels e.t.c

Mine is pretty mint condition, best i've ever seen so it's getting a 2.0 as well nxt yr when i can afford the insurance, only jst 18 atm.

nova_sr_boi1991
24-04-08, 11:06 AM
hiya mate just wondering if a 2.0ltr will fit straight in to my nova?
also wondered if i could put my 1.3 head on it make really good compression....will this work?

Lee
24-04-08, 11:12 AM
Your not getting the idea are you lol

Start your OWN thread using the NEW THREAD button.

PLEASE dont bump 4 year old threads!!

meritlover
24-04-08, 11:17 AM
pmsl!! im sure he has it running by now

fairy145
24-04-08, 06:06 PM
check the ignition feed to the black wire as mine was doin the same and turned out the current was droppin to 4volts when it was bein turned over so it wasnt gettin enough power to spark so i ran a feed off the back of the black box to it and its fine now