PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 engine cost?

Anonymous
25-09-01, 03:21 PM
i dont know where to post this so i have put it in general to be safe.
a guy i know has a 2.0 cav. 1988 i think.
how much would an engine from one of these cost as he is going to be selling the car in january and may have the car for the engine if its cost effective.

Anonymous
25-09-01, 03:44 PM
under ?100

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
25-09-01, 05:18 PM
what else would i need besides the engine?
gearbox i know but what else?
and how much would i usually pay out for all them thar bits i need...

Anonymous
27-09-01, 02:06 AM
The usual drive shafts etc, plus it'll be injected, so there's that to consider...if your Nova isn't injected, then you either have to install a different tank, elecy fuel pump, high-pressure lines etc....or, fit a carb or carbs to the engine instead.
I don't know about wiring, ecu etc....best ask someone who's done it!
Let me know, 'cos I may go for a 2.0 8V conversion.....less than ?100 for the engine is a bit cheaper than a valver! With the 130PS version, you're not far behind a standard valver for power either!
There was one of these engines in last Wednesday's Ad-Mag for ?100 with 87K on it. There was also a 2.0 CDi engine for ?80, both in Sheffield.

What model of Cav is it? The normal 2.0 8V has 115PS, but if it's an SRi, it'll have 130PS assuming it's a MKIII. If it's a MKII, then it'll have 115PS unless it's an SRi130

Anonymous
01-10-01, 04:54 PM
im in the middle of fitting a 2.0l 8v sri engine in my nova. I paid ?100 for the engine with the box and the loom. But I bought it off a mate so I got a good deal as the box is an LSD box. You need to replace the tank and oump for an injection one as rich says and you need to upgrade the fuel lines. You need 2.0l driveshafts which are about ?200. You need an adapter kit for the ungine mounts so you can drop the engine down enough to shut your bonnet.

If you haven't already you need to upgrade your suspension and a must is some big brakes !

heres what I paid

?100 - Engine
?200 - Driveshafts
?50 - Tank and Pump
?40 - Adapter kit

2.0l 8v conversion for under ?400 !

Anonymous
01-10-01, 05:28 PM
I know of a reconditioned 2l sri 130 engine forsale at the mo with everything needed for nova conversion. He's looking for ?300 for the lot. Mail Me at M_Clapham@yahoo.com if you're interested.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D