PDA

View Full Version : No power in new engine!!

clawsk
17-08-04, 11:21 AM
My engines jus been rebuilt and i took it to the tuners on friday and they rekon they sorted everything out!

The engine will fire up, it runs a bit rough and gets very very hot very quickly. If the engine is then revved it will rev a bit sometimes but will just die no matter what, but it will never return to idle it just dies, but will start up straight after. Any ideas whats wrong with it?

It will not pull off the spot either it just cuts out.

Cheers

Philsutton
17-08-04, 11:24 AM
you did run the engine in after the rebuild didnt you?

Will F
17-08-04, 01:41 PM
Timing is out matey.
Had the same with my GTE a few years ago.

I would travel about 3 yards and the temp guage was in the red!

Sort it ASAP.

clawsk
17-08-04, 09:38 PM
The engine hasnt even done 1 mile of driving yet, two lads i know that are nova experts spent an hour and a half on it tonight, checked timing and it is spot on and sounds ok. checked dizzy timing and is spot on. checked for sparks on leads, all ok. Checked almost everything we cud.

Come to the conclusion that the engine is losing compression somehow, the only way to be certain is to do a compression test tomorrow.

The only other thing i can think of is the timing 180 degrees out. Either a piston ring(s) or valve(s) are fucked!

Aragorn
17-08-04, 09:49 PM
if the temps hitting the red then theres a problem

probably a massive airlock in the cooling system

and overheating a ally cylinder head will cause it to warp and hence lose compression

i'd check over the cooling system before u do anything else

clawsk
17-08-04, 09:54 PM
Yeah mate there is an airlock in the cooling system. How can i get rid of the airlock?

The engine was missing straight away so that rules out a warped head.

cheers 8)

Stuart
17-08-04, 10:02 PM
bleed the cooling system anyway

take the dash temp sensor out of the inlet manifold and top up/pump all hoses till you jsut get coolant out of the hole. and refit.

check your cam timing is good.

id say youve got the exhaust opening too soon and its giving FA power out.

once its all dialed in right, run it in then have it setup properly

robb
18-08-04, 10:19 AM
Off topic ish but I had a 1.2 on 1.4 block last week and it was crap, just like 1.2 block in there, cam belt needed changing anyway so I changed that and it then ran fine!

Very odd

Snowface
18-08-04, 12:02 PM
did u have the 1.4 cam robb?

robb
18-08-04, 12:37 PM
Yeah 1.4 cam and carrier.

clawsk
18-08-04, 04:51 PM
So if my cam timing marks are spot on, can the timing still be out?