PDA

View Full Version : rear head rest conversion

Potswalker
17-08-04, 10:24 AM
got the head rests inbetween the rear seats and parcel shelf at the moment but it keeps dislodging the shelf and setting the alarm off. not good cos if my battery runs down im locked out! is it just a case of hacking out some head rest holders from some front seats?

novaboy1981
17-08-04, 02:16 PM
youve got an sri like mine havent u mate?
you'll find there are holes for them to go in if you cut into the seat fabric, just run your finger along the top til you find them!
you can get a set of headrest guides from vauxhall, but they'll cost a tenner for 4!! :evil:
unfortunately you cant hack out old ones, so what i did was extend the legs right out of the headrests and slot them straight in the holes in the top of the seat. job done!!

p.s did you find out the ecu problem last week?

andy

Potswalker
17-08-04, 02:43 PM
yes buddy its a SRi. it takes 30 seconds with the light on to log a problem so its sort of no news is good news. if it was a serious problem i found out that some serious rev limiters kick in to stop you killing the engine anyway. not seen it since but you never know with a nova! cheers for your help with the rests. i'l have a look when i get home :wink:

Nick
21-08-04, 10:06 PM
yer you can hack them out of the front seats, u just have to rip the seats apart, dunno if your local scrappy iwll let you do that.

just have to rip the lining off the back of them and you'l beable to see the Barbs that lock them into place, just prise around with them and they'l eventually slide out.