PDA

View Full Version : Finding out mods on my engine?

Gazza14SR
16-08-04, 01:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me find out what 'mods' maybe done to my engine.

I bought it about 4 months ago not knowing any history about the engine other than it being a GSi.

The only things i know of that are different to my mates GSi is that i have a k&n and im using my old 1.4 exhuast manifold and system.

The reason i ask is cuz it leaves my mates GSi and keeps up with my other 2 mates's standard valvers to about 70.

Any help on where to start looking would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks
Gazza

whitty_nova_1300sr
16-08-04, 01:26 AM
u got n e pics??

Gazza14SR
16-08-04, 01:27 AM
can get some tomorrow, dont have any at the minute and its abit too dark now for my camera to work.

Gaz

whitty_nova_1300sr
16-08-04, 01:30 AM
well its 1:30 in the morning lol

Gazza14SR
16-08-04, 01:31 AM
jeeeeez ought to get some kip, up at 5:30 for work :(

whitty_nova_1300sr
16-08-04, 01:34 AM
7:30 4 me lol

benji
16-08-04, 05:44 PM
it's unlikely it's already been modded, especialy since you got the engine from just nova's they would of figured that out and banged the price up. butto check you can have a look in the ecu to see if it's got any fancy chip's in it and you can take off the dizzy and have a look at the end of the cam, if it's kent or piper it will have the part number stamped it. are your mates stripped out? because that makes quite a difference

Gazza14SR
16-08-04, 06:38 PM
it's unlikely it's already been modded, especialy since you got the engine from just nova's they would of figured that out and banged the price up. butto check you can have a look in the ecu to see if it's got any fancy chip's in it and you can take off the dizzy and have a look at the end of the cam, if it's kent or piper it will have the part number stamped it. are your mates stripped out? because that makes quite a difference

mates GSi is stripped and one of the valvers is stripped will full safety devices roll cage.

Pics to come.

Gaz