PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning

Anonymous
29-09-01, 12:17 AM
I'm working nights and feelin really bored, so i tookof my door cards and decided to try and clean them with waht little materials i have at my disposal.

White spirits, severall size paint brushes, sand paper, some material spot/stain remover and fairy liquid. Also severall cloths and scouring pads.

I dont really think any of this will work on the coth cards, but what i want to know is ~ if i cant get the door handles (grab handles) clean, woule it turn out o.k if i sanded them then resprayed them in my choosen colour?

If so what should i use, interior spray, or normal spray?

Cheers.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 04:24 AM
Cream cleaner like Jif (or the stupid new name Cif!) is great at cleaning up really grubby vinyl. Use a nail-brush to give it a really good scrub if required, and to get into the nucks and cranies. After, rinse thoroughly to get rid of the residue.

As for the fabric sections, I use regular foam fabric cleaner...works a treat. Spray on, run around a bit with a nail brush or similar, and leave to dry.

Micky's a valetor, so he'll have some trade secrets on cleaning.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 12:58 PM
i just took the mk2 door handles off and washed them in soapy water

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
30-09-01, 08:03 AM
well basicaly we just use a multi porpose cleaner and plenty ov water (either by hand or a kwick blast from the steam cleaner) get it nice and frothy and then take it away for hoovering to get the water out. Any stubbern stains can be lightly wiped over with a liquid type tar and glue remover b4 getting the multi surface cleaner on the go.

Micky@novaload.net :)