PDA

View Full Version : respraying costs???

nam
15-08-04, 06:16 PM
how much am i looking at to get my car respayed? i am goin to do a lot of work in the late end of this yr/early next yr so i just wanted to know how much i need to save up to do it.

thanks in advance

Nam

dan-hipgrave
15-08-04, 06:37 PM
i think its a case of you get what you pay for...i know of people getting full resprays for ?450 but the finish being crap.

I would say probably around a grand for a pucca job, that will look good.

Mike.
15-08-04, 06:39 PM
you would just have to shop around mate because some places do good jobs for very little money sometimes

Mike.
15-08-04, 06:39 PM
you would just have to shop around mate because some places do good jobs for very little money sometimes

epo
15-08-04, 07:39 PM
does it not depend on how much u want sprayin too

ie inside the car and engine bay

imo theres nothing worse than lookin at a car with the outside one colour and under the bonnet and inside a different colour

Adam
15-08-04, 07:53 PM
does it not depend on how much u want sprayin too

ie inside the car and engine bay

imo theres nothing worse than lookin at a car with the outside one colour and under the bonnet and inside a different colour
That is a big factor, whether you want the inside shell sprayed, engine bay, looks a bit stupid when you open your door and the inside of your car is a completely different colour to the outside.
For a basic colour it is around ?500, but at least a grand for metalics/pearls etc, for a decent job.

Mike.
15-08-04, 07:54 PM
i think sometimes you can get away with a different coloured engine bay
depending on the colour
or iff you respray the exterior the original colour surely you could get away with not respraying the the door shuts and under the bonnet

epo
15-08-04, 07:56 PM
i think sometimes you can get away with a different coloured engine bay
depending on the colour
or iff you respray the exterior the original colour surely you could get away with not respraying the the door shuts and under the bonnet

yeah if i was havin a respray myself id keep it the same colour
just for that factor

nam
15-08-04, 10:12 PM
yeah it will be in the same colour again so i wont be going for a bare shell or anything, i will be having new doors as well so i could get them sprayed off the car meaning i could get the door sunts spayed. my car is carmine(spelling) red so its not matalic. would i be looking about ?400/?500 for a desent job???

cheers for your fast replys so far.

Nam

Mike.
16-08-04, 01:16 AM
around that yes
but i was speaking to someone called supernovas today and he said that he can get a respray for ?130 :?

whitty_nova_1300sr
16-08-04, 01:40 AM
2 have the locks removed, arches cut and rolled and have some small dents taken out + plus spray inside and out ?2000.

Sn work he has done b4 and its very very gd.

wot do u ppl think cost wise???

smitty5door
16-08-04, 01:27 PM
it really does vary because it hard to find a exact price that is the same for everyone else because we all live in different areas
Grimsbys respraying prices might be different to other places

Potswalker
18-08-04, 12:24 PM
cost me ?650 for a same colour respray in black but they didn't spray the roof. doesn't show though. oh and he fitted and flushed the skirts in

novaexplod
25-08-04, 05:18 PM
mines ?700 for a mica colour inside and out.