PDA

View Full Version : electric windows

Divaldo
15-08-04, 10:40 AM
how hard is to fit electric windows to a 1.2 nova?

novaboy1981
15-08-04, 12:43 PM
probably about as hard as fitting central locking. no, actually, maybe a bit harder! :D
ive seen central locking and electric windows sold together on ebay b4, may as well get them in at the same time!

General Baxter
15-08-04, 02:10 PM
mate, go and find ones that have come out of a nova (orginal GM PART) as the microscan kits are shite

Riggy
15-08-04, 04:05 PM
easy mate the motors are held in by 4 rivits

the wires go through the hole in your door (you may have to drill these) down the side of the sills across to the handbrake, where there is an earth and the towards the other door down the sills and into fuse box and the other door and your done

ps gm central locking and elecy windows are on the same loom

hendrix
15-08-04, 08:06 PM
ps gm central locking and elecy windows are on the same loom
provided you get one from a late GTE or a Mk2 i think

portadownfc
16-08-04, 01:39 AM
whats is the best way to get at the back of the fuse box to take the power. got everythin else sorted.

cheers
john

Metromartin
16-08-04, 01:41 AM
how do people get around drilling the holes for the trunking and wires like on the novas that have e/w as standard.
No access on the lower a pillar and door, plus what does everyone use to cut the circular hole

Just this is stopping fitting of the e/w, fitted the switchs and loom so they light up at least :D

TIA

robb
16-08-04, 09:20 AM
Take the power from the slots on far right, you will need to take a plastic lug off black for it to go in the box. his is front far right BTW.

Also to drill the holes you need a conical drill bit, and to know how wide to drill it, I just ripped out the grommits and put some 12mm holes in, cut the wires pass them through and reconnect. Then silicon the hole to prevent rust.

Al Wilson
16-08-04, 11:14 AM
^^^ Tape all the wires up thorougly to prevent rubbing and spliting later on. Also if you're planning on putting speakers etc through it make the hole big enough to start with as it can be a nightmare trying to fit 5 wires through a very small hole. :oops:

Can I also recommend you use an ultra flexible wire so it won't break, I've used silicon wires with a larger sized sheaf on it.

Al