PDA

View Full Version : Saloon time.

Anonymous
26-09-01, 05:40 PM
Right thats it i've decided my 1.4 won't be coming out until spring (in a new shell that i got for ?30 :D), i'm going to spend winter meddling with it. Then i'm going to put it on a ltd mileage policy for the weekends.

Largely to the fact my insurance has shot up.

So as a runaround i've decided to take up the challenge and i'm buying a nova saloon.

Why? you may ask. Well
1. It's a challenge
2. Big boot for ice
3. I've been inspired by Rich Dale's edited pics on novabug and also by the way they managed to make a vento look good in The Fast and the Furious

I need some help though (well opinions).

2dr or 4dr ?
mk1 or mk2 ?

Any ideas for styling (if anybody mentions type k i'll slap em).

Fornt end just about any nova bumper will fit. It's sideskirts and the rear end i need ideas for. The back definately needs something major as it sits mile higher than the front. also the back end looks bloody awful. Last but not least what spoiler.

Any suggestions no matter how far out needed.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
26-09-01, 07:35 PM
type k front :D

Anonymous
26-09-01, 09:25 PM
how about a kingdom rear and spoiler
:D :D

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
26-09-01, 10:34 PM
I reckon you should go for the total Lancer Evo look. You could put the front and rear bumpers on and all the bulging arches and spoiler. Spray it some mad flip paint and get some nice big wheels and brakes(to keep that 1.2 under control!!)

seriously, it will be a strange thing to see a modded saloon, you never know, you may change your mind about bringing your old car back atall!!! lmao!

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
26-09-01, 11:06 PM
nah dont go to mental. go street sleeper look. smooth lines nice lourves welded in subtle wheels slam the bastid the delock and dehandle.(tvr solonoid style opening)

Then get some NOS for those 1/4 mile moments.

of and dont forget lots of neon lights.

ive seen rich dales pics to and im on the look out for a saloon. i think alot of vision is needed as its hard to imagine a saloon lookin good. im on the look out for a saloon now. although 2 door or 4 i havnt decided yet

Anonymous
27-09-01, 12:57 AM
suicide the rear doors.
and a three hinged boot lid
back 2 front bonnet
put 10 inch wheels on it
wack some jumping suspension on it

Anonymous
27-09-01, 01:03 AM
I definately wanna go mental. A saloon would never look good as a street sleeper. Lancy would kill me if i did the evo thing. although i am tempted :-)

As for the bouncy suspension why not. i don't give a fuck about handling it's only a 1.2. I'll look into it.

want 17" wheels. whaddya mean suicide rear doors? and 3 hinge bootlid? Back to front bonnet would be cool. or maybe side opening.

Neon lights, possible. we'll see.

Keep these ideas coming fellas i like em.

Anonymous
27-09-01, 01:43 AM
Crikey..I've given someone inspiration...well, there's a first time for everything ;)
I've done loads more saloon pics, but haven't had time to put 'em on NovaBug as yet....will do soon, since there's a interest in 'em.

I've been considering a saloon too....to be different. I'd personally go for a 4 door, as I think is looks more like a proper saloon car, rather than a Nova with a bit stuck on the back.
Like someone on here said in the past, the 4 door looks a bit like a MKII Cav saloon.
Talking of the MKII Cav, a good set of side skirts to fit on a 4-door Nova are the skirts from a MKII Cav, as seen on the LX/i, CDi and SRi/SRi 130....you could also fit the rear valance skirts from the same Cavs.

One model to look out for is the 1.3 Pearl Saloon......4-door, Mt Grey, central locking, slide/tilt sunroof and the good old 3-spoke alloys all standard, plus the 1.3 engine! There's not many about, but worth looking for since you get decent spec. from the start :)
(older ones don't have the alloys as standard, but about G-reg ones do. The Pearl hatch is a 1.2).
There was nice one near me for sale for ?400, so they're cheep....imagine what the insurance is like too!

There was that Pink 2 door saloon in Fast car last year, and he'd used a normal Carlton rear bumper, and Lotus Carlton front....looked smart.

BTW...suicide doors are ones that are hinged the wrong way to normal....i.e. hinged at the back instead of at the front....a VERY common mod on hot-rods and other Custom cars...take a look at the Street Machine or Custom Car magazines for mental ideas!

I've added a couple of extra bits to NovaBug just now (in the last 5 mins), and in the process, I noticed that the OLD NovaBug still exists! see: http://freespace.virginnet.co.uk/rich.dale/NovaBug/Index.html
I thought that'd been shut down now, but obviously not!

P.S. fit the Pinky kit :D

Anonymous
27-09-01, 02:13 AM
Rich any chance you could knock some pics up for me if i told you the ideas i'm having?

Anonymous
27-09-01, 08:31 AM
suicide the rear doors. I think that means make them hinge backwards, when I had my beetle there were alot of cars at the VW shows that I went to that had done this, it looks pretty cool, especially on the ones where they had taken out the centre pillar between the front and rear doors, so that when you open the doors, the whole side of the car is opened up!!!! it is a big job, but would be something new on a nova saloon!!!!

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:13 AM
what about drag style, 19" aloys on the back and 13"'s on the front?

lmao

ok, 16"'s low as fuck RS2000 side skirts, scooby spoiler, put jap style graphics all over the body work, (get a 2dr), bonnet bulges either side of the bonnet, mersey speed front bumper, and novadose rear bumper.

http://www.not_allowed_to_do_sweet_fuck_all_on_roverload. net

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:36 AM
Nah. I'm looking for originality. As for the drag look. that could be solved by the suspension (looking into hydraulics).

Rs2000 sideskirts (been done), merseyspeed front bumper (same as bat evo), jap style graphics (poss but i don't know if i'm that brave),novadose bumper (wouldn't fit), bonnet bulges(poss), scooby spoiler (definate possibility).

As for the suicide doors. They jury's still out on that one. May be a step too far.

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:42 AM
whats the matter fenix, you scared!?!?!? suicide doors too spicy for ya!!!! lmao!!

a step to far it may be, but just think what it would be like once it is done!!!!

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:50 AM
go back to school fenix and borrow there plastic moulding macine and make ur own bumpoer, might be a bit flimsy though. lol

You know what they about people with big hands :-/ Big Gloves ;)

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:52 AM
well someone from stoke png has got a saloon already so you are all slow.
i'm not naming him but is well known!

Anonymous
27-09-01, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking of some kind of cut to fit bumper of another car. Or maybe modifying a bodykit designed for another car.

Anonymous
27-09-01, 11:05 AM
Yes Ian. Just like people have done 3 doors before. But how far have they gone with this saloon?

Anonymous
27-09-01, 11:52 AM
found a site with some nice spoilers on.

http://www.impactparts.com/Wings/

Any opinions?

Anonymous
27-09-01, 12:53 PM
I like pag's idea of the tiny wheels and hydraulic suspension. Ive never seen a nova saloon done like that it would be wicked. You could have chrome detailing on the outside and shit.

Anonymous
27-09-01, 01:29 PM
have a look at this and imagine it with the roof back on :-)

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/vwp?.dir=/other+cars&.src=ph&.dnm=Robs+nova+cab.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/lst%3f%26.dir=/other%2bcars%26.src=ph%26.view=t

the novadose rear will fit but it will need extending to reach the wheels

and if u get a 2 door then fit opening rear windows

or how about chopping the rear roof off and making an evo pickup?

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
27-09-01, 01:46 PM
Just been looking at some wings west kits. need to do some photo editing.

American style is looking good. Big chrome wheels, low as hell on hydraulics, wings west kit and poss graphics

Anonymous
27-09-01, 06:58 PM
lower it and put 16's on.
get a mad ass front bumper but nothing too hiowge.
Use GTE skirts but extend so they reach all the way along.
Try a impretza rear spoiler and just colour code the standard rear bumper/stick some extra bits on it to custonise it.

Anonymous
28-09-01, 12:07 AM
a lad round here built a wicked 2.0 valver saloon with 3 door hatch front and rear arches grafted on and it looked amazing with 17" wheels gsi front and slammed. (until he spanked it)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
29-09-01, 03:10 AM
Micky....I was about to suggest fitting 3-door hatch arches! I wondered if anyone had tried it yet....seams they have.
I did a pic of this in PSP to see what it would look like, and it looked smart....pretty easy to do too.

My Uncles going out and buying a Nova saloon this week....a J plate 4-door for ?500 in immaculate condition...not a spot of rust anywhere. It's a one-elderly-owner-from-new job with less than 50K on it!

Fenix.....mail us your ideas, and I'll see what I can knock up for ya...I'm pressed for time at the mo, but I'm sure I can spare a bit to do a few more pics ;)

Anonymous
29-09-01, 03:42 AM
Cheers Rich. I'll send the pics of the bits i've been looking at. wouldn't mind seeing your hatch arches mock up.

I'll send you pics of it during mods. So you can put them on your site.

First thing is 17's and hydraulic suspension.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 04:02 PM
someone by me has done that 3 door arches on saloon, fitted a valver, and oh yeah removed the roof and made it into a pickup.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 05:35 PM
How about stretching it and putting in a bar with swinging cut down doors pardner :D
Seriously whatever you do its got to be slammed and widened as a priority as they always the boot tends to make them look very narrow.