PDA

View Full Version : lowering

newboy2thenova
14-08-04, 08:27 PM
hi all getin 45mm drop for my nova and 15ich alloys will the alloys fit under arches with out scrubbin?? also will i need 2 get up rated shocks as iv been told any think bigger than 40mm will bugger the shocks up quick

thnks

Nick
14-08-04, 09:44 PM
it all depends upon some factors

What Mk your nova is ? - Mk 2 nova's have a better tolerance than mk 1 nova's meaning you can usually fit wheels under the arches more successsfully, all nova's have a factory tolerance, so some are better than others

What tyres your running ? - If your runing 195/50/15 they will catch probably, runing 45's makes the difference on handling andwill srcub less

What offset your wheels are ? they need to be ideally 47.5mm, in my opinion i'#d say you can go as near as 40 and not more than 49.

My nova was a mk2, 40mm drop on springs,195/45/15 and 42 offset wheels and it was just ok, with 50's (previous tyres) the wheels scrubbed alot.

So anything more extreme than mine i'd say you'd have to grind your arches. To be honest theres so many different factors influencing this it's really hard to tell, tell me all the answerss to the questions above and i can make an educated guess at how much scrubbing you are going to get.

And yes my shocks r screwed after about 6-7 months. It's worth getting shockers at the same time as it saves on paying out again to get the springs done twice, instead of it all done the first time. Lowering is expensive if u don'#t know how to do it yourself.

40mm drop looks a bit crap 2, i want 60 now as i think 60 looks good, but not over the top, i'd seriously recommend thinking about 60 cos you may change your mind after a while, just like i have !

newboy2thenova
14-08-04, 11:13 PM
well there goin 2 be tsw alpines probley 195/50/15
nah m8 dont want 60mm drop i no it looks nice but were i live its speed bump heaven..n if the wheels are goin 2 chatch with just 45mm drop,,i carnt be bothed 2 grind the arches. oh by the way its a mk2.

epo
14-08-04, 11:38 PM
providin the wheels are the right offset it should be fine