PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

Tazzy
14-08-04, 12:26 PM
i currently have 40mm spax springs all round, soon to go on are a set of 60mm rear puma springs to make the rear even lower, keeping the 40mm on the front!

now i know this will knock the cmaber out which i will soon be having done, along with the tracking as i hit a curb at 40mph, wasnt pretty!

anyway!

is it possible to put onto a mk2 1.2i spin the gte shocks? i hear they are 30mm lower than standard shocks, would these take away some of the strain on the springs?

cheerz!

epo
14-08-04, 12:28 PM
shocks wont lower ur car mate
there there to absorb the impact

yes it is possibel to fit em there a straight swap they will be a little stiffer than ur 1.2 shocks so id go for em

just also to point out ive lowered mine 60mm and not had a problem with the trackin or camber my tyers are fine

dan-hipgrave
14-08-04, 12:28 PM
IIRC all of the nova shocks are interchangeable so any ones will fit your nova.

I dont think the GTE shocks are 30mm lower though - i think it was the SRI's and GSI's that were lower and that was only by 10mm at most.

For lowering more than 40mm a set of uprated shocks is recommended otherwise you will be replacing the standard ones every couple of months.

epo
14-08-04, 12:29 PM
IIRC all of the nova shocks are interchangeable so any ones will fit your nova.

I dont think the GTE shocks are 30mm lower though - i think it was the SRI's and GSI's that were lower and that was only by 10mm at most.

For lowering more than 40mm a set of uprated shocks is recommended otherwise you will be replacing the standard ones every couple of months.

gte springs are 10-15mm lower

Matt Nova
14-08-04, 12:32 PM
So if you had -30mm gsi suspension on a 1.2 how low would it be?

Tazzy
14-08-04, 12:53 PM
i know shocks dont lower the car, but i was thinking that if i use the gte shocks, this would help take away some of the strain on the springs!

so if i put them on, the shocks will be brought down 50mm as they are 10mm lower but the springs are 60mm lower, so the car will technically only be lowered 50mm????

:?

dan-hipgrave
14-08-04, 12:58 PM
ok, this is all getting a bit confusing now....

On a GTE the springs are already 10mm lower than standard nova springs, and the shocks are slightly uprated.

If you put 60mm lowering springs onto GTE shocks, your car will still be lowered 60mm becuase it is the standard GTE springs that are lower and not the shocks. The adavantage of using the GTE shocks would be that they are slightly uprated meaning that they would be able to control the lowered springs better than standard nova ones, but if you want the best overall handling i would recommend getting fully uprated shocks like Gmax or Koni's.