PDA

View Full Version : brakes shaking and sparking

te17@novasgonemad
13-08-04, 06:31 PM
right lads, i have fitted 2ltr 16v brakes and had them on for a while now. But since day one they have sparked when i break heavily which i have looked and the caliper is clear from the disk but me m8 sed it is becaude i have some cheap sjit pads( is this true wud this cause it to shake and spark. and the other question i have is that wen i bought them off me m8 the pads were warn but still had plenty of meat on them.. but when i put me ffot on the brake it seems really low down wud this be coz the brakes are warn??

my car is a 1.5td an i believe these had the sr setup on them but im not sure

Nick
13-08-04, 09:45 PM
The shaking deffinetly sounds like warped disks , mine and my mates both have a bit of shake thru the steering wheel due to warped disks, i've seen it get pretty bad !

The sparking ! it could be sh!t pads, are you sure your pistons are pushing the padss onto the disk surface evenly ? could be something on the disks ?

The pedal action you describe sounds like a bleeding problem !

i can't really help much more than that, thought i'd try and help somehow seeing as you hadn't got any replies and i know how frustrating that is

go to kwikfit i fink, they do free brake tests, get em to tell you whats wrong, then do the "oh ok thanks, i'l be back in 10 mins" n feck off and do it yourself