PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Clocks

Matt Nova
13-08-04, 12:50 PM
i got some mk2 SR clocks for my 1.2i is this a straight swap or do I have to wire anything up?

Nick
13-08-04, 01:02 PM
hmm it should be a straight swap, try plugging your car's plug into the back of the SR dash, it should be all the same connections.

If not, you may need the plug out of the SR and join all the wires up together, but i really odn't think you'l need to do that

another problem you may encouter is the rev counter, do you ahve one already ? you may have to run a wire from your bottom right of your coil to the back of the dash, however there may already be a green wire behind your dash that is being used/unused

Matt Nova
13-08-04, 01:06 PM
I've no rev counter as standard if this helps

nam
13-08-04, 01:33 PM
the clocks will just plug stright in, plug them in and see if the rev counter works, if it doesnt the just a wire from the coil to the back of the clocks.......the sloder or get a big spade conector and plug it on to the thing the stick out the back of the clocks (behind rev counter) then ther u go done

sorry if this info is crap but am sure some one will tell you in more detail.

Philsutton
13-08-04, 05:37 PM
they are a straight swap, only thing is the rev counter wont work. As said above run a wire to the coild from the back of the clocks

Matt Nova
13-08-04, 06:03 PM
i got them in but the speedo cable (i fink- the big non flexible one) will not let the clocks sit right

Philsutton
13-08-04, 08:11 PM
as the speedo is in a different place on your 1.2i clocks than the sr ones your gonna have to re-route the speedo, its a bastard but needs doing so that will reach an let the clocks sit right.

Matt Nova
14-08-04, 12:34 AM
How can I go about re-routing the speedo cable?

Do any clocks with rev counter fit straight into the 1.2i?

Matt Nova
14-08-04, 11:03 AM
Just had to move the cable abit not that hard and well worth the effort. Makes the dials abit harder to read now tho due to new steering wheel lol