PDA

View Full Version : Digi Dash - Transducer?

_JH_
13-08-04, 12:44 PM
Apart from the dash itself and some loom, what else is needed for the conversion?

is the transducer bit thats needed just where it screws into the box or do I need the cable?

any pics of whats needed available?

I know this has probably been asked before but as always the search function isn't working.

cheers

Nick
13-08-04, 12:59 PM
Riiight, what you need is !

1 - A dash (working if possible :-D)
2 - 2 Plugs (a white one and a black one) with as much of a loom on the end of them as possible , my plugs had about an inch of wire on the end of them and it made it a real arse connecting it to the car's loom.
3 - A transducer. The transducer should consist of a creamy white plug that inserts into the gearbox, and a black cap that screws onto the top of the plug, coming out of the cap will be three wire, one for live,earth and speedo wire (not a cable) that simply connects to the speedo wire ont he back of the dash !.

That's all you need, for the Transducer i unscrewed the whole unit and accidently dropped a bolt into the gearbox, which when i drove off to test the dash ripped through bell housing and knackered the box, when the box was replaced i simply swapped the caps of the transducers over and it works the same, no need for undoing the whole plug and potentially allowing you to drop something into the g'box !

if you want some pics , send me a PM and i'l take some pics of it for you and post them up on my feature !

Nick

_JH_
13-08-04, 03:22 PM
excellent. I'll probably be fine with the conversion, just wanted to be sure I knew what I need. gonna look at one later see.