PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Problem

sTuDeNt
13-08-04, 01:16 AM
Hi!

I need some advise or help really!

Every time i try to spray something, it comes up crap!!! The finish on the paint i am getting is quiet bad, its all lumpy and in little dots... Is this because I lay the coating too thick or is it because i do not let enough time between the coats to settle!?

I am really annoyed about it! What shall i do? What do i need to do to stop those s**tty lumps and get nice and professional finish?

Cheers

smithy87
13-08-04, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a case of s**t spraycan, give it a bloody good shake and start spraying before you move the can over the object, then u dont get a big blast mark where u start spraying. Hold it a constant distance from the object aswell, otherwise that can also cause sub-standard results.

As long as you prep it well (FINE wet & dry (dry), rinse it, prime it) and do the above, there should be no prob.

I used the above method on my novadose grill and its smoother than a baby's arse :lol:

8)

nam
13-08-04, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a case of s**t spraycan, give it a bloody good shake and start spraying before you move the can over the object, then u dont get a big blast mark where u start spraying. Hold it a constant distance from the object aswell, otherwise that can also cause sub-standard results.

As long as you prep it well (FINE wet & dry (dry), rinse it, prime it) and do the above, there should be no prob.

I used the above method on my novadose grill and its smoother than a baby's arse :lol:

8)

yup, follow they direction and you sohuld get good results......

sTuDeNt
13-08-04, 02:28 PM
Cheers guys!

Adam
13-08-04, 08:17 PM
You get the roughness from using a spray can thats almost empty because the nozzle starts spitting and it leaves little blobs, which make the surface rough.
I sprayed some DTM mirrors from black to glacier white and they look good, even though parts are rough. Not bad for ?4 worth of spray paint.
If it seems proper rough then spray some laquer over the top, that give a smooth feel, and a shine.
Also spray somewhere out of wind and damp, indoors if possible.
I sprayed an arch outside(obviously as i ain't got a garage), but then sprayed my DTMs inside the door porch thing out of the wind and they came out mint.

epo
13-08-04, 08:19 PM
i love sprayin not been big headed ive got good at it to sprayed all my interior parts up looks good