PDA

View Full Version : few pics stripped out car.

nova---chris
12-08-04, 04:39 PM
Just a few updated pics.
Nothing much done. just total strip really.
Gonna fit the cage in a few weeks.

http://www.chrisuk22.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/stripped1.jpg
http://www.chrisuk22.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/stripped2.jpg
http://www.chrisuk22.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/stripped3.jpg[/list]

Jules
12-08-04, 04:51 PM
Hardcore!
:D :o

Mike.
12-08-04, 04:56 PM
looking good mate :D

jkhilton
12-08-04, 05:02 PM
bloody hell!!! that is crazy!!!

do you actually have a speedo in there anymore?

wisewood
12-08-04, 05:03 PM
I love that space shuttle style control panel with the switches on it :D looks good. Like the black inside too.

benji
12-08-04, 05:08 PM
lookin good. what is it painted with? hammerite?

-Bruce-
12-08-04, 06:41 PM
looks good man. like the striped out look!!

bruce

epo
12-08-04, 07:23 PM
ooks sound are u removin the door cards too

?Marty?
12-08-04, 07:47 PM
I have been misled by your fraudulent misdescription.

I expected to find pictures of you stripped and of your car. I want an immediate refund, or i will be seeking legal action.

Barn
12-08-04, 07:50 PM
don't like it myself but there we are...

lol @ Marty...fcuking nutta

J4MES
12-08-04, 08:33 PM
thats really nice mate...looks quality...

Jim
12-08-04, 08:53 PM
looks sound are u removin the door cards too

Why would he do that? There the best part of the car ;)

Jim

RJM25R
12-08-04, 09:34 PM
:lol: Speakers in the door cards look a bit stupid when it is that stripped LOL!!

beatin u
12-08-04, 11:25 PM
is that gear lever direct to the box? do you have any detailed pics of the lever and where it attaches to the g'box??

and whats it like driving with those seats - do the big bits at the side of your head not impare your vision?

looks sweet

Al Wilson
13-08-04, 12:02 AM
Looking good mate. Right hand side flat dashs are the way forward :wink:

See you got rid of the massive coil of wires under the window - were abouts did you re-route them to as I found it a nightmare!

Al

?Marty?
13-08-04, 12:03 AM
I'm sorry but i think it looks crap inside. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice, but it ooks like you've painted it all in black underseal or tar.

Just looks messy.

Tazzy
13-08-04, 01:25 AM
you must of saved a shed load of weight!

nova---chris
13-08-04, 06:07 AM
ok. the look isnt the major factor here. or is the paint work????? wtf?
The car isnt built only for show days.
The crap verdicts i can live with. as this is no max power car with shopping trolley handles on it and neon washers. ect ect
(and never will be)

It has a purpose for its exsistance. thats to piss of daddys boy in there underpowerd sports cars. Also for me own enjoyment. trackdays/pod days. The car had loads of sound deadening from previous owners of it. Im thinking of doing another shell at the moment. but dunno if i can be arsed. Hence the easy way just to cover it was hand paint .
Plus being used everday at the moment its not easy to keep things clean.
just waiting to fit me roll cage now. Nice 6 point safety device cage with full rear cross and door bars ect. Might save me one day lol

But at the end of the day its all benefitted. For those who have worked on it / drove it will tell you. And those peeps know a thing or two about there novas.

The gear leaver is a straight through linkage .Custom build by Cp(novaload). It has made a huge improvement to the gear change. Also helped me stop chewing up linkages due to the nature of a straight cut box.

As for naked pics of me' fuck of! lol

nova---chris
13-08-04, 06:12 AM
http://www.chrisuk22.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/car1.jpg

Still not to shabby yet on the outside. Mind you i might take me paint brush to it soon . Lmfao

Al Wilson
13-08-04, 08:11 AM
for me own enjoyment.

The only reason you need. Good on you, keep it up. :D

Barn
13-08-04, 10:54 AM
It has a purpose for its exsistance. thats to p**s of daddys boy in there underpowerd sports cars.
exactly...

thats my attitiude...and I'm sure a sh*tload of other Nova owners are the same.

bet there are not many cars that can keep up with you mate ?

Just looking forward to getting my 1300 done now and giving the Saxo (gay) boys a pasteing

- Car looks good on the outside mate :+:

Ste_Nova
13-08-04, 11:58 AM
same here... mine will be tidy... but will still be used and abused

as for the wires i suspect chris has just thrown them in scuttle pannel

novashed
13-08-04, 12:27 PM
liking the interior chris!, would'nt have been my cup of tea a few years ago but you grow up i suppose, doing a similar thing (without the paint brush :wink: ), any more gen on this er direct linkage, im using a cav mk3 lever etc, yours doesn't seem to ahve a reverse facility left on it?, how did you get over the fact its now straight to the gearbox and the gears are the other way round now, or is the dog box is like that and requires it, any info would be great :)

Stuart
13-08-04, 12:56 PM
as has been said its a custom gear linkage made to repivot.

shes a proper beast. and i love it lol

dan beat you up the pod lol :p so your not that fast

do the new shell ;) do it do it

between the four of us we can get almost all the wieght out of it lol

nova---chris
13-08-04, 01:35 PM
im real tempted tbh cambridge to reshell it.
Rather than spend ?500 tarting it back up. just reshell the fucker.

lMAO at dan beating me. I did happen to miss every gear in the box that run.lol. But 13.8 1/4mile and more to come yet i think.
Need to get the ignition map sorted for running 98ron and octane addative. Also with the more weight thats been saved and the addition of cut slicks. i can see a real good time coming. Some might dissagree. but i think a 13.6 should be there for the taking.
And thats before you know what mr cambridge :lol: :twisted:

Anyhow he gave u a bit more info there to on me gear linkage. nice lad.
The selector works the same way on the qauife cluster. like he said. the shifter has been totally re designed to pivot the opposite way.
Its hard to explain without looking at it and telling you.
But it was a pain. cp had to do some modification to the steering rack lol. (i liked the modification bit) also the acutal gear selector is mounted at a different angle and theres a different exit point into the engine bay.

Ill discuss the reshell later this year with everyone concerned.
Wait for everthing to die down. Theres a few bits i need to sort on the engine also when the time arrives.
Could perhaps save the blue nova shell and actually make use of it??
Perhaps buy a spare xe ??

Stuart
13-08-04, 01:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

get neons for it

we could make the old shell a ricer lol

nova---chris
13-08-04, 02:07 PM
now we cud actually do summat silly with it. good thought.
Make a mincer. using aircraft wings and other stuff.
intresting

Jim
14-08-04, 09:59 AM
Chris' car has been built for one thing...to be driven. Also, I've never met anyone who has a better attitude towards there car. Chris's car is kept on his driveway. If it's dirty, it's dirty. If it's stolen, it's stolen. I wish I could have the same mentality towards my car.

I have a lot of respect for Chris and his car. His car has always been one of my favouritres and now it's passed the show stage it's going to be one of the quickest Nova's out there.

Jim

jkhilton
14-08-04, 11:09 AM
His car has always been one of my favouritres and now it's passed the show stage it's going to be one of the quickest Nova's out there.

Jim

lmao! I dont believe it actually goes faster than about 2 or 3 mph!! or at least when I am near to it!! must be the effect I have on cars! :lol:

as for reshelling, if you do, make the old blue shell into a dune buggy style nova, take the doors off, chop the roof and raise the suspension :) nobody else has done it(not that I have seen anyway!) mind you there's probably a good reason for that!

nova---chris
14-08-04, 01:36 PM
Lmao john!
You are just plain bad luck. !!!!

But we will meet up sometime mate. u can take me for a spin in the evo.
and you can take the nova for a spin after ive given you a proper test ride of it. lol

I need to speak with you about modifying me xbox also!!!!!

cheers to jim!!! yes its a bad attitude i have to the car . lmao
I luv you to mate. and you stu and you dan. lol
:evil:
:)

Stuart
14-08-04, 04:02 PM
bulk order on the xbox mod ;)

Breeny
14-08-04, 07:04 PM
I can confirm the car gets driven properly...

If you look closely you'll see my face inprinted into the windscreen where Chris tried to overtake 5 other cars and a Jag turning right.. he tried to kill me, thats how much he loves me :cry:

nova---chris
14-08-04, 07:15 PM
Ermm. sorry mate. lol!

Could never get rid of that bloody print on me windscreen. lol.
Mind you the brakes worked well. Cps bumper looked rather neat close up . The driver of Cps car was rather nervous looking int he rear mirror??lol :twisted: :lol:

Those were good days lol.

Stuart
15-08-04, 10:42 AM
c0ck lol

i think we broke the laws of physics with 3 cars occupying the same space.

nova---chris
15-08-04, 10:22 PM
lmao. wus thinking of modding the jag bumper to fit!!! :D :o