PDA

View Full Version : limiters

Alpine99
12-08-04, 02:21 PM
how and where do i fit them? where do i get one from?

(aint got a clue sorry =\ )

Will F
12-08-04, 02:55 PM
Appently (or so I have heard) they are the future.

Might be wrong though.

Dpnova
12-08-04, 03:05 PM
They are the future......and you can get them from demon tweeks

robb
12-08-04, 04:27 PM
I don't like them :evil:

What engine you trying to fit to?

epo
12-08-04, 07:32 PM
Appently (or so I have heard) they are the future.

Might be wrong though.

uve heard right indeed they are

as my sig says :!:

General Baxter
12-08-04, 07:56 PM
bit slow me am!

what are they?

epo
12-08-04, 07:59 PM
stops you from over reving ur car and blowin the engine up

srs1
12-08-04, 09:47 PM
they are the future!

as a quick question, why would you be after a limiter if you wrote your car off last week??????

nam
12-08-04, 10:14 PM
as a quick question, why would you be after a limiter if you wrote your car off last week??????

i thought that as well. as already said you can get them www.demon-tweeks.com the about ?60-?100

Alpine99
13-08-04, 08:57 AM
going to hopefully buy a 1.4 SR today :D

red
push button start
lowerd 40mm
15" black alloys

wants ?800 - if its sound underneath ect ill more than likely buy it.

MC
13-08-04, 09:34 AM
More importantly it allows you to do full throttle gear changes!

MC

Davy!!
13-08-04, 09:43 AM
i thought cars with injection systems had rev limiters anyway to stop you damaging the engine, unless you are talking rallye style ones??

Matt Nova
13-08-04, 12:52 PM

MC

What dya mean? Explain in purely stupid language please :roll:

nam
13-08-04, 01:26 PM
i thought cars with injection systems had rev limiters anyway to stop you damaging the engine, unless you are talking rallye style ones??

if we were talking about an injection car then that comment would apply..........1400 sr is carb mate

Nam

Stuart
13-08-04, 01:32 PM

MC

Foot flat on the floor, cluth in (bang pop bang pop) gear select, clutch up

obv on upshift that is

nam
13-08-04, 01:36 PM

MC

Foot flat on the floor, cluth in (bang pop bang pop) gear select, clutch up

obv on upshift that is

this isnt a good way to change tho is it?

Davy!!
13-08-04, 02:37 PM
if we were talking about an injection car then that comment would apply..........1400 sr is carb mate

Nam[/quote]

well is it not like being a right knob then over revving a car with a rev counter?? fair dooos if it didnt have a rev counter but then again you can hear when it is too high, a rev counter is to tell you when you go too high and going too high is a bit stupid is it not?....NNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, so save yourself cash!!

Stuart
13-08-04, 03:05 PM
with certain engines and certain driving times (eg pod and track days)

you might not wish to concentrate too much on the revs so you let a limiter sort that out for you

some engines start revving and its pretty damn soon when they hit the limiter. and you woutn NOT be able to sort that by eye.

why do you think the rally cars used them etc?

hell ive hit the limiter in the omega a few times lol partly becaues the box didnt shirt up in time for me but hey

Snowface
13-08-04, 07:40 PM
its easy to get carried away in 1st and 2nd gear and hit the limiter.

Since i've had mine its done me well, given me peace of mind and i can drive better without having to look at the rev counter or listeneing to the revs.

U say u know when to change gear by the sound of the engine. But a gear shift only a split second too late could pop ur engine.

nova_rally
13-08-04, 08:08 PM
What kind of work is involved in fitting one of these limiters?

Alan

Snowface
13-08-04, 08:12 PM
easy. run a wire from the rev counter wire to the unit and one from any swithched live (stereo) and earth the mother & thats it.

MechaT
13-08-04, 08:46 PM
Sorry but how is 1980's technology the future?!

You not supposed to hit the limiter, it's a safeguard! You should have seen the crap starts people were getting at USC because they were bouncing off the limiter.

epo
13-08-04, 08:57 PM
Sorry but how is 1980's technology the future?!

You not supposed to hit the limiter, it's a safeguard! You should have seen the crap starts people were getting at USC because they were bouncing off the limiter.

its a joke :roll: we started it at pv :!:

MechaT
13-08-04, 10:03 PM
Oh ok fair enough!!

MC
16-08-04, 12:30 PM
Your right, a rev limiter is a safeguard, but experienced drivers can use a rev limiter for full throttle gear changes and clutchless gear changes.

Applying pressure to the gear selector at the time of a rev limiter cutting in can be enough for the gear to change without needing to depress the clutch. Don't try this at home.

MC

Alpine99
16-08-04, 12:34 PM
what limiters do you lot use then?

Stuart
16-08-04, 01:12 PM
Your right, a rev limiter is a safeguard, but experienced drivers can use a rev limiter for full throttle gear changes and clutchless gear changes.

Applying pressure to the gear selector at the time of a rev limiter cutting in can be enough for the gear to change without needing to depress the clutch. Don't try this at home.

MC

i need a demo of this marky mark

m.d.
16-08-04, 04:27 PM
ive done this loads of times. quite good really but most of the time its makes a nasty crunch as it goes in.

full throttle hear changes are good too but they tend to cause wheelspin in lower gears (1st-3rd) which loose you time

robb
16-08-04, 04:39 PM
That gear change sounds quite interesting!

Would be alot easier with a dog box!

Stuart
16-08-04, 04:57 PM
and the subsequent ripping off, of your forearm lol